Brussels to Geneva doing the Glacier Express

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 December 2015 at 22:23:52 #808178

I will be travelling between Brussels and Geneva in mid-february. Now while I am sure there are a lot of flights and shorter train rides passing through paris from as little as 6 hours, but I always wanted to do one of those swiss albs scenic trains.I tried to arrange it on various web sites but still I need some advice really. From the look of scenic train routes on the map I noticed the goldenpass route or the glacier express might do it but still not sure which city should I book the train from Brussels to, and then a train from which city onwards to Geneva. I am not sure which route to take as well that offer like a “panoramic” train views.Would someone help me please. Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    10 December 2015 at 5:30:25 #847173

Hi bish079,

How many days do you have available for this trip? What else will you do in Switzerland, and will you have a rail pass?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 December 2015 at 19:37:23 #847174

Thank you for your reply.

I will just have a couple of days in Switzerland. I don’t have a rail pass but I can buy one if it will make things easier.

Arno
    15484 posts
    10 December 2015 at 21:28:29 #847175

In that case you could travel to Lucerne. The next day, take the Golden Pass line to Montreux and finally to Geneva. You can spend one or more nights in either Lucerne or somewhere along the line (e.g. Interlaken/Jungfrau region).

A longer alternative is to travel to St. Moritz and take the Glacier Express to Zermatt. If you have a lack of time you could just do the Chur to Brig section for example.

Once you know the route and the number of days you can select a pass as explained here.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    12 December 2015 at 8:29:16 #847176

Hi bisho79 –

This may help your planning:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

It will let you calculate times for various trips.

If you select a particular journey, the fine print at the bottom lets you map the trip.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Brussels to Geneva doing the Glacier Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.