Budapest to St Moritz, plus Wengen or Zermatt

• JMac68
    Participant
    2 posts
    6 April 2016 at 15:44:54 #808824

Hi, I have 5 full days to spare towards the end of my holiday. I was planning to do the Glacier Express from St Moritz to Zermatt. My plan was to take the train from Budapest to either Innsbruck or Zurich on the first day and then travel to St Moritz on the second day, leaving days 3-5 to do the glacier express and enjoy Zermatt and the region. So my question is whether you would recommend stopping the first leg at Innsbruck and then head st St Moritz, or go to Zurich and then St Moritz. I will have visited Zurich earlier in the holiday, so I won’t be missing anything. Additionally, I will have a Swiss travel Pass, so I guess when booking the train tickets I will only need to buy tickets to the Swiss border and then use my Swiss Travel Pass.

Finally, would you recommend my spare time at the end of the journey be spent in the Zermatt region, or would you recommend the region around Wengen?

Thanks

justin

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    6 April 2016 at 21:22:46 #850376

Hi Justin.

Welcome to My Swiss Alps –

Any recommendations about high alpine regions depend on the time of the year.

When will you be traveling?

http://www.myswissalps.com/be sttimetovisit

Slowpoke

JMac68
    Participant
    2 posts
    6 April 2016 at 23:24:46 #850377

Sorry. I am travelling early July.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    7 April 2016 at 0:42:17 #850378

Justin-

Thanks.

In July, few or no problems with closed trails, hotels or restaurants in the alpine regions. So, you will find plenty of tourists, too.

I’d try to maximize my time on the Jungfrau region. Personally, I like to stay in Wengen.

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/permalink/dG 9z4qDW9mqS6v8AAFcRTQ

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Budapest to St Moritz, plus Wengen or Zermatt’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.