Bus from Geneva to Annecy

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 March 2015 at 10:57:08 #807001

We are travelling from Bern to Annecy on a Saturday in August. It seems the train from Bern takes us to Cornavin station in Geneva, but then I’m confused. The Geneva-info website lists bus trips from the Gare Routière to Annecy, and the SNCF website lists Eaux-Vives as the starting point for trips to Annecy. Am I misreading the websites? Or, if there are the two options, which is better, considering we will have luggage with us to take from Cornavin to either Gare Routière or Eaux-Vives.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    22 March 2015 at 15:35:20 #842094

Hi johnhalf,

It looks like not all trains for August are available in the timetable yet, so I would recommend to look into the details of this trip later. That may be a reason you only see bus connections. Personally I would prefer a trip by train. There are trains from the Geneva Cornavin station to Aix-les-Bains-le-Revard. From there another train takes you to Annecy. With luggage, that’s the easier option than finding your way in Geneva to another station and taking a bus from there. Once you have the details of your trip listed in the timetable, you can click the ‘Advanced search’ link to exclude buses and trams from the modes of transport, so only train connections will be left. But as said, I think you’ll see more options if you check back later.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 March 2015 at 8:19:09 #842095

Thanks Arno – I’ll leave it until later as I’d prefer to go by train. The timetable says that the train connection through Aix-les-Bains-le-Revard runs until June 13. I hope that means that the timetable itself has been finalised only till then, rather than that the train service will cease after that date. I’ll keep an eye on the timetable over the next couple of months. Thanks again.

• The thread ‘Bus from Geneva to Annecy’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.