Bus from Tirana to Lugano on 28th March 2017

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2017 at 10:24:00 #810950

Hi

I am planning a day trip for Bernini express from Zurich.

For that I am traveling from Zurich to Chur by train and taking Bermina Express from Chur to Tirano. I wish to know if I should take the Bernini express for return journey or book Bus Ticket from Tirana To Lugano and take a return journey from Lugano to Zurich on the same day.

How should I book Tirana to Lugano bus ticket for 28 March 2017. Is this free for Swiss Pass holders.

Vaibhav

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    3 March 2017 at 11:02:45 #859569

Hi Vaibhav,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! The bus only operates in summer, which is in this case April 14 to October 29. You can take a different route by train from Tirano to Lugano and to Zurich with a change in Monza or Milan. This train is not covered by the Swiss Travel Pass, apart from the Swiss section from Chiasso onward. You can buy a ticket from Tirano to Chiasso from the websites listed on myswissalps.com/traint ickets/italy/price.

Alternatively you could take the same route back until Pontresina. Then change trains to travel to Zurich via Sagliains, Klosters and Landquart. This is included in the Swiss Travel Pass.

Note that the train is called Bernina Express, the town is Tirano and the pass is Swiss Travel Pass (Swiss Pass does exist but is not for tourists).

Enjoy the ride!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 March 2017 at 8:38:58 #859570

Hi Arno,

Thanks for a quick response. This was really useful.

Good day

• The thread ‘Bus from Tirana to Lugano on 28th March 2017’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.