Bus ride, Grindelwald- Bussalp covered by STP?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 August 2016 at 18:07:04 #809838

Is the bus ride from Grindelwald to Bussalp and back, covered by the Swiss Travel Pass?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    10 August 2016 at 7:13:56 #854928

Welcome to MySwissAlps anapie87!

Although almost all buses in Switzerland are free with the Swiss Travel Pass, the buses around Grindelwald are an exception and are discounted by 50%. More details about coverage can be found on the map.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 August 2016 at 3:01:31 #854929

Thank you Arno.

I have another question. We will also be traveling to Zermatt. I will be taking the ride from Zermatt to Sunnegga and then from there to Blauherd. Is the ride covered by the Swiss Travel Pass? From Blauherd we are hiking down the 5 lakes trail back to Sunnegga.

Arno
    15484 posts
    24 August 2016 at 6:30:21 #854930

You are welcome! Sure, the lifts around Zermatt are discounted too. Did you download the map I referred to? That shows you what’s included.

• The thread ‘Bus ride, Grindelwald- Bussalp covered by STP?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.