Buying rail tickets with Regional pass Lake Geneva

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2016 at 22:33:32 #809330

Hi, i’d like to know how I could buy train tickets (on the 50% discounted days) with my Regional Pass Lake Geneva. If I buy tickets online, can I choose the “half-fare travelcard” price? (Because the pass says 50% fare on the discounted days). thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    2 June 2016 at 6:11:29 #852540

Hi letterfrog,

Yes, you can do it like that, or you can get tickets from the machines or staffed service desks. Be sure to carefully check the map for which sections are half price. if you go outside the covered region you may need a discounted ticket to one point and a full ticket from there. All of that is available from the machines, which also allow to buy tickets from other locations.

• The thread ‘Buying rail tickets with Regional pass Lake Geneva’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.