Camping gas in Sargans/Mels?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 December 2015 at 10:36:33 #808203

Hello! Does anyone know where I could buy a small canister (200-400g) of camping gas in Sargans/Mels (during the summertime)? Preferably the “screw-on” kind, but also the “click-on” style would be ok.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    21 December 2015 at 14:19:44 #847299

Hi hikerbiker,

There’s a large Migros supermarkt in the Pizolpark shopping center just outside town: http://www.pizolpark.ch. I think that’s your best bet. There might be shops in town selling camping gear as well, but I don’t have details. You can try the COOP supermarket.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 December 2015 at 16:35:15 #847300

Hi Arno,

Many thanks for your reply! I will try both the Migros and the Coop when I arrive in Sargans.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 December 2015 at 17:15:06 #847301

Thanks to Arno’s tip about the Pizolpark shopping center, I was able to find a store that sells two different kinds of small camping gas cartridges. I’m posting the link here, just in case somebody else will need it in the future. This is valuable information for those people who are planning to walk the Alpine Pass Route (APR) and camping along the way (cooking their own food).

Here is the link: http://www.sportxx.ch/de/sear ch/?fh_search=gaskartusche

It’s the SportXX store in the Pizolpark shopping center.

Thanks again, Arno!

• The thread ‘Camping gas in Sargans/Mels?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.