Can I buy interrail Swiss pass at Zurich Airport?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 December 2016 at 16:17:52 #810456

Hi,

I will land at Zurich airport on 24,Dec,2016. Since I haven’t finalized the travel plan I would prefer to buy the interrail pass at spot. But I am not sure if it possible?

Thanks!

Cher

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 December 2016 at 17:21:46 #857467

Hi Cher, welcome to MySwissAlps!

I think it should be possible to purchase at the airport train station, but I am not 100% sure about that. If it’s possible, a service fee of CHF 10 to 40 may apply (“Auftragspauschale”) as they also charge this when buying international tickets. Also it could take quite some time as there are often queues there, and this is a product they do not sell every day I guess. It’s mostly purchased online, through any of the websites listed here. You could contact the SBB to be sure about the options of a local purchase of an Interrail Switzerland Pass.

As you live in the Netherlands, you could buy it through http://www.treinreiswinkel.nl /zwitserland/one-country-pass-zwitserland. They offer free next business day shipping, so you can order fairly late when your travel plans are hopefully finalized. I wouldn’t order later than Tuesday though, because of the holiday season.

I hope this helps at least a bit. Enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘Can I buy interrail Swiss pass at Zurich Airport?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.