Can I purchase Italy train tickets at Chur station

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 September 2018 at 5:39:49 #818234

I will be travelling on the Bernina Express from Chur to Tirano on 09/25 and according to the schedule we’ll arrive in Tirano at 12:49 where we’ll then travel to Milan. I was anticipating just buying the train tickets to Milan at the Tirano train station. But there may not be enough time between trains to do so and now,I’m reading at some other sites where people are saying the ticket office at the Tirano train station closes at 12:30. And there aren’t ticket kiosks in which I can just purchase a ticket from a machine.

So, I’m wondering, can I buy my Tirano to Milan train tickets at the Chur station before I board the Bernina Express? If so, that would be great because I’d have my ticket in hand and can walk off the Bernina Express and make my way to the train to Tirano knowing that once I arrive in Tirano all I have to do is walk to the Milan train.

But if I can’t purchase a ticket in Chur for the Tirano to Milan route, can someone tell me where the best place is to purchase my tickets? I’ve also read on some other web sites that there is a travel office of some kind or some cafe place in the Tirano station that I can purchase the tickets from but if there’s a line of people I may not have enough time as I’m really hoping to make the 13:08 Tirano to Milan train.

In searching the internet I find several different train sites that service a Tirano to Milan route but it gets confusing as to whether or not I can pre-purchase a ticket.

My problem would be solved if I can buy the Tirano to Milan ticket in Chur. Does anyone know if this is possible? Thank you in advance for your help.

• The thread ‘Can I purchase Italy train tickets at Chur station’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.