Can I stay in airport or train station overnight?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 July 2015 at 7:11:14 #807502

hi,

my flight is 7am in the morning from Geneva airport, I was wondering If I can go through the security the night before, and stay in the airside during night?

If not, can I stay in the landside or Geneva airport station during night?

really appreciate if anyone could let me know if the above is possible

thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    2 July 2015 at 23:56:00 #844179

Unlikely.

Rent a room.

if someone with more knowledge can answer, please do.

However, I suggest that you check at the tourist office a the main station on Geneva, because they place people in hotel rooms at the last minute. They might have a cheap one.

Arno
    15471 posts
    3 July 2015 at 9:18:35 #844180

Unfortunately the airport is closed from midnight to 4 AM. You can’t stay overnight. There are airport hotel though, including affordable ones. You can find a list on myswissalps.com/ genevaairporthotels.

One of the cheaper hotels is the Ibis; they also offer a free shuttle bus ride from and to the airport.

• The thread ‘Can I stay in airport or train station overnight?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.