Cancellation of Swiss Half Fare Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 September 2019 at 5:18:57 #823901

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can shed me some lights here.

I could like to cancel two Swiss Half Price Cards that were purchased from Klook.com on 01.09.19. Due to family health issue, my partner and I are regret to cancel our trip to Europe in mid-Oct. I had sent three emails to Klook to tell them my situation and want to know the process of the cancellation and refund. However, I haven’t heard back from them yet. They just ignore me. What should I do?

Thanks

I

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 September 2019 at 6:46:51 #922344

Hi Jcng1110,

I am very sorry to hear that you need to cancel your holiday due to health issues.

Where did you write them and when?

You should be able to get an 85% refund. Have you read the “How to Claim Your Refund” on their website? You should mail back the ticket and ticket cover (at own expense) to Klook China Office. “Your claim will be processed only if Klook receives your ticket and ticket cover before the first day of validity” – according their website.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 September 2019 at 9:24:43 #922345

I wrote my cancellation request under “Ask Klook” – “ Cancel a booking” through Klook mobile App. I also lodged my request online. I knew I need to send back the “Swiss Half Price Card” to their office at Shen Zhen but I don’t have their address.

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 September 2019 at 9:34:33 #922346

Hi Jcng1110,

Please let us know when you did that, and your Klook order number please. Thank you!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 September 2019 at 9:44:05 #922347

Hi Arno,

My order no is 3476135904 – 2 x Swiss Half Price Card

I have lodged my cancellation request on 16th & 17th.

Thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 September 2019 at 9:48:57 #922348

Hi Arno,

The booking no is PQP582422

2 x Swiss Half Farr Card

Thanks

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 September 2019 at 10:16:52 #922349

Hi Jcng1110,

Thanks for those details. You filed the request quite recently so perhaps they need a bit more time. To be sure, I have asked Klook to look into your order. Please also take a look into your spam folder, they may have replied and that mail may have ended up there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 September 2019 at 10:13:18 #922350

Hi Arno,

In order to receive 85% refund of the purchase price of the Swiss Half Fare Card, I need to return the Swiss Half Fare Card and the “gift package” they sent to me. The courier fee to return the “unwanted” gift package will cost me about CHF50 which is 24.5% of the refund. Why did they sent me free gifts that I never asked for and now need to pay for it to return to them? Does anyone has the same experience with me?Is it possible only send the Swiss Half Fare Card back to them? Why Myswissalps wants to use them as agent?

Thanks

Arno
    15484 posts
    19 September 2019 at 10:49:40 #922351

Hi Jcng1110,

They are now aware of the customs issue with the gifts, I let them know recently. So hopefully that won’t happen again. It does not make sense to me to send those gifts back, but that’s their call. Please ask them if it’s ok to just send an envelope with the Swiss Half Fare Card, to prevent more shipping costs to you and probably customs fees to them.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 September 2019 at 1:22:19 #922352

They insisted to send the “gift package” back to their office.

Please take a look at the last point of their refund policy on Klook.com below – “Your claim will be processed only if Klook receives your ticket and ticket cover before the first day of validity”. It didn’t mentioned the return of gift package and now they requesting me to send the gift package back to their office. Is there any authority can investigate and control their free gift, cancel and return policy?

How to Claim Your Refund
    Mail back the ticket and ticket cover (at own expense) to these Klook offices (contact us for the detailed address):
    a) residents in Taiwan: Klook Taiwan Office
    b) residents in Korea: Klook Korea Office
    c) residents in other areas: mail back to Klook China Office
    Important: You must allot enough time for delivery
    Refunds before traveling: your claim will be processed only if Klook receives your ticket and ticket cover before the first day of validity

Arno
    15484 posts
    21 September 2019 at 5:07:43 #922353

Hi Jcng1110,

I got in touch with Klook and they need you to send back the tickets and the ticket cover only, not the gift. They recommend to do so via registered letter or express delivery to make sure that they’ll receive the tickets before October 23. Since that’s more than a month from now, I would think that a registered letter is sufficient, but that’s up to you. Do send it asap though.

Hopefully this is all solved now. All the best with the family issues!

• The thread ‘Cancellation of Swiss Half Fare Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.