Catholic Churches & Mass in Switzerland

• bxrb9
    Participant
    8 posts
    2 April 2023 at 5:02:22 #829473

Hi! I would like to check if there are any catholic churches in Switzerland that holds church masses? I’m planning to attend ones on Sunday. If there are, could you share any location and time. Would be best if it’s suitable for a solo traveller. Thank you. 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

EvelynM
    Participant
    79 posts
    2 April 2023 at 10:13:53 #952892

Try Einsiedeln monastery or any other depending on where you will be on Sundays

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 April 2023 at 11:09:01 #952893

There are Catholic churches throughout Switzerland, but they are more prominent in the majority Catholic areas. As far as I know all such churches will hold a Sunday mass

However Switzerland was a centre of the reformation (Calvin etc) , so significant areas are majority non-Catholic – such as Cantons Geneva, Vaud and Neuchatel

A map of Switzerland religious demography can be found here

http://www.familysearch.org/en/wiki/Switzerland_Church_Records#/media/File:Switzerland_religions.png

Yolanda
    2373 posts
    2 April 2023 at 18:22:32 #952894

Hello bxrb9,

I am unsure where you will be staying or visiting but perhaps the attached link will help:

I hope this gets you started, if not, perhaps other members of the forum will be able to contribute.

Kind regards,

Yolanda

• The thread ‘Catholic Churches & Mass in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.