CERN to Broc (chocolate factory)

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2012 at 0:22:11 #805253

dear All,

i am planning to go to Geneva and from Geneva to CERN and from CERN to Broc-fabriuqe ( callier , Nestle Chocolate factory ).
    My question is can i do this both the things on the same day. Can i take a train from CERN to factory or any other route from CERN to Chocolate factory or do i have to come back to Geneva to go to Chocolate factory

Thanks

Shraddha

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    11 May 2012 at 5:32:47 #836072

Hi Shraddha. Whether a combination is possible, depends on how much time you want to spend at each location. If you want to travel to Broc by Chocolate Train, please note that only one such train leaves each day. Regular trains will get you there as well though. Yes, the route from CERN to Broc is via Geneva. Did you use the timetable, as advised in previous answers, to find information your trip?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2012 at 6:24:53 #836073

Hi Modernnika Thanks for your reply. yes i had tried out finding the answer through timbetable. If train journey is possible from CERN to Broc please tell me the station names which are shortest journey. When i checked on the timetable i had received following message.

Dear customer,

Sorry! No connections have been found that correspond to your request. It is possible that the requested service does not operate from or to the places you stated on the requested date of travel (e.g. because some services do not stop at certain places on weekends). You can check this by viewing the the arrivals/departures tables for Meyrin, CERN and Broc-Village .

Thank you.

Code: H890

Annika
    7121 posts
    13 May 2012 at 5:39:03 #836074

Hello Shraddha! Did you enter several times and dates in the timetable to get a good idea of possible connections? I was able to find proper tram connections, so I’m not quite sure why you got this message. If you choose a connection from the timetable and click the ‘plus’ symbol, you’ll get to see the option ‘show intermediate stops’. That will display all stops along the way. This page on a visit to CERN will be helpful too.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2012 at 1:27:07 #836075

Hi Thank forum for the reply. Can you please tell me is there any direct train/tram from CERN to broc chocolate factory directly without coming back to Geneva.

Annika
    7121 posts
    15 May 2012 at 9:56:31 #836076

Hi shraddha. The timetable indicates that all trips from Cern to Broc have to be made via Geneva.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2012 at 6:00:13 #836077

i would like to know about any road transport , is it possible

Annika
    7121 posts
    17 May 2012 at 13:47:47 #836078

Do you mean a trip from CERN to Broc by road? That’s not very obvious, as trams and trains form the main connection by public transportation.

• The thread ‘CERN to Broc (chocolate factory)’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.