Chalet rental in Wengen

• Smagee1225
    Participant
    19 posts
    22 January 2020 at 1:08:18 #824961

I have been researching chalets to rent, hoping for the washer IN the unit. (thanks for input in my other thread)

Would love feedback on these if you know them or the location – looking for that view of the waterfalls in the Lauterbrunnen valley and moutains. Which they all look to have. Any pros / cons to any?

Althought I can’t get them to answer if they have the washer and dryer IN the unit or in the building. Still waiting UGH.

They all get good reviews. (they are all on airbnb as well as interhome.com and alpineholidayservice)

Looks like this first one has more of steep uphill..to get to it. (but it is $300 cheaper)

• apartment Mittaghorn
    • apartment Schweizerheim ($300 more)
    • apartment Wengen Chalet Panorama (most expensive, another $150 – or lets say $450 more then the lowest)

Thanks everyone

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

kim11
    Participant
    606 posts
    22 January 2020 at 9:03:54 #928481

All of these are lovely and are situated downhill from Wengen village center, some of the bits being rather steep. Which means, of course, it is an uphill walk to town. But downhill after dinner in town, which is a good thing.

If you look closely at the descriptions you will see that the laundry facilities are shared. This is the case in most apartments; the entire chalet (typically 3 – 6 apartments) shares a facility which is normally located in the basement. It is quite unusual to find in-apartment laundry facilities until you get to the large and high end penthouses where sometimes (certainly not always) this is available.

Smagee1225
    Participant
    19 posts
    22 January 2020 at 12:58:38 #928482

So basically all three pretty much in the same location it look like one the medic worn the yellow one is a little further down

but no reason to pick one over the other

this morning Interhome sent an email finally back and did say the washer is in the apartment so not the apartment complex but sounds like even if it’s in the complex pretty easily to get to

Smagee1225
    Participant
    19 posts
    22 January 2020 at 13:24:37 #928483

Also hate to ask this but where did you see for sure that it is shared washer.

on Airbnb it says washer included for free or fee.

I thought in Interhome it just said “washer” that is why I emailed.

to be honest tho they have not been very clear. Which is why I am asking.

in the email I specifically asked in the unit or in the complex. They answered in the apartments as I asked about both.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 January 2020 at 14:23:18 #928484

Hi Smagee1225,

if they said it is in the apartment than it should be there, no worries.

Anyway in the Swiss residential flats it is a very frequent thing that there is no washing machine and families use the common washing facilities together in the basement.

If I cannot decide, I usually check how many reviews they have, if they have only a few (less than 10) I read them with caution. According to this, Apartment Schweizerheim has the most reviews. They also have 2 apartments: https://www.hotelscombined.com/Hotel/Apartment_Schweizerheim_3.htm and https://www.hotelscombined.com/Hotel/Apartment_Schweizerheim_1.htm.

Ildiko

Ps.: you can also find accommodation in Wengen at http://www.myswissalps.com/wengen/hotels and http://www.myswissalps.com/wengen/rentals.

Smagee1225
    Participant
    19 posts
    22 January 2020 at 15:05:23 #928485

Thanks. I did read a lot of reviews.

just thought I would see if anyone had a good reason to pick one or the other.

I will be picking tonight !!!!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 January 2020 at 15:09:43 #928486

Great, maybe you’ll get a few answers till. Let us know how did you decide in the end!

Ildiko

• The thread ‘Chalet rental in Wengen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.