Change platforms at Bern station with luggage

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2016 at 3:58:59 #809480

Hi we are 6 adults and 5 chidren. I will start my journey from Zurich flughafen. I will be reaching Bern train station on 21.06.16 at 11:28 on platform 5. I need to catch my next train to oberwil im simmental from platform number 3 at 11:39. So i have 11 minutes to change platforms at Bern station with luggage. All our children can carry there bags. Can someone guide me about the location of lifts at Bern train station. As it wont be possible to change platforms on escalators. I tried finding it on SBB maps for train station, but could not locate one. I plan to be as close to lift as possible when i get down from my train. So i should i sit in front, middle or end side of the train to reach the lift easily at Bern station. Also is 11 minutes suffient time to change platforms at Bern station.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    19 June 2016 at 8:21:40 #853258

Hi vishaludawat,

11 minutes is plenty of time, even though it’s not a cross platform change. There are lots of signs so you will find your way easily. If you want to take a look at the map you can find it here: http://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/am-bahnhof/railway-stations/bern-station.html. Note that the lift can be pretty time consuming. You probably won’t fit in all at once, and there might be more travelers with luggage, bikes, wheelchairs, etc. The escalators or stairs might be quicker, if you can handle that.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2016 at 9:06:12 #853259

Thanks for the prompt reply

ssd1966
    Participant
    12 posts
    19 June 2016 at 14:51:28 #853260

I visited Bern a few days ago and it was very straightforward. There is a ramp from the platform down and then interconnects to all other platforms. Very easy.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2016 at 17:19:49 #853261

Yes, all the platforms on Bern station have ramps in the middel of the platform.

You can easy walking down- and upstairs. 11 minutes are good at Bern, when train is one time.

Greetiings from the Netherlands, Brahms

• The thread ‘Change platforms at Bern station with luggage’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.