Cheap options of completing my itinerary

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 April 2012 at 12:37:08 #805120

Me and my wife would be travelling to Switzerland in the month of June. My complete itinerary is :
    1st day in Zurich with Rhine falls – stay in Zurich for the night.
    2nd day in Lucerne – Excursion to Titlis/Rigi/Pilatus and then some sight seeing in Lucerne. Stay in Lucerne for the night.
    3rd day in Interlaken – Excursion to Jungfrauch and then sight seeing in Interlaken. Stay in Interlaken for the night.
    4th day in Zermatt – Sight seeing arnd Zermatt, Montreux etc. Spend the night there.
    5th day in Geneva – Sight seeing and leave for Paris.

Keeping the above itinerary in mind, we do not want to spend on Swiss Pass, and looking at the Point to Point tickets, we are thinking whether it would make more sense in getting a half fare card. We are on a budget and want to save as much as possible in our travel expenses.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    17 April 2012 at 3:00:39 #835580

Hello rahulagrin,

There is an overview of all possible passes, to be found here. Just click “More information, prices and ordering” for more specifics. I think any pass will be better than buying point to point tickets, as your itinerary has some travelling and excursions. You can use the Swiss timetable to plan your trips and to find prices. Please note you will have to uncheck the half fare option to get a non-discounted price.
    This link about how to calculate your trip may be of use too.

I hope this helps, have a nice trip!

• The thread ‘Cheap options of completing my itinerary’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.