Chillon Castle and Chaplin Museum in one day

• Mavy
    Participant
    17 posts
    18 June 2022 at 17:50:58 #827535

Hello,

Is it possible to do Chaplin Museum and Chillion in one day? If I take the boat from Vevey toward Chillion, one hour there…what would be the easiest route? Does Chillion need more than one hour?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6274 posts
    18 June 2022 at 19:13:01 #943373

Hi Mavy,

Yes it’s definitely possible to combine a visit to Chillon Castle and the Chaplin Museum in one day. If you plan to take the boat from Vevey, I suggest you start off by visiting the Chaplin’s museum first. From Vevey, the boat journey to Chillon Castle takes about 40 mins and the boat landing stage is directly located at the south side of the castle. On average it takes about an hour to complete a tour of the castle.

Let us know if you need more info.

Regards,

Anna

Mavy
    Participant
    17 posts
    18 June 2022 at 21:21:40 #943374

Hi Anna,

Thank you for replying. I am just wondering why you would do the Chaplin first. I will travel from Vevey to Chaplin then (a bus?) towards Vevey and take the boat to Chillion, correct?

Arno
    15471 posts
    19 June 2022 at 10:56:59 #943375

Hi Mavy,

The order in which you visit both sites doesn’t matter. The Chaplin museum is in Vevey, and you can either start or end your trip there. You can indeed take a bus between Chaplin’s World and the Vevey station.

Here are some more tools that can help you:

• The thread ‘Chillon Castle and Chaplin Museum in one day’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.