Chocolate Train - can you utilise Eurail Pass?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
glacier
glacier
7 posts
Mar 30, 2016 - 11:34 AM

Hi,

I am wondering if you can use a validated day on a Eurail Pass for the chocolate train, or get a reduced fare. From the website I assume you need a Swiss travel pass plus you pay a supplement. If you don't have a Swiss travel pass, can you buy tickets from a train station and is it advisable to book in advance. I cannot locate any info on the prices if you don't have a Swiss Travel Pass. If you could direct me to where I can locate prices for an adult ticket it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you once again. Glacier.

Arno
Arno
12114 posts
expert &
Mar 30, 2016 - 1:36 PM

Hi Glacier,

Without a pass the price is CHF 99, and indeed you need to book in advance. Please see www.goldenpass.ch/en/g oldenpass/offer/view?id=15. With a 2nd class pass the price is CHF 69 (1st class CHF 59), but indeed they don't specifically mention the Eurail Pass. I assume that the same price applies, but you'd have to ask them to be sure. I wonder, however, if the CHF 30 saving is worth using a travel day of your pass.

glacier
glacier
7 posts
Mar 31, 2016 - 12:37 PM

thank you Arno for your response.

Yes, it is probably not worth using a day on the pass for this trip (given the minimal savings). We have a spare day on our pass so we were looking at some options for our last day, thank you. Glacier

Arno
Arno
12114 posts
expert &
Mar 31, 2016 - 12:48 PM in reply to glacier

In that case a (long) boat trip on Lake Geneva may save you more. Please see here for what else is included in the pass: myswissalps.com/ eurailselectpass/ validity.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019