Chocolate Train tickets not received within 1 day

• Dfhphd
    Participant
    1 post
    4 July 2021 at 7:22:07 #825907

I followed a like on your site to HappyRail and purchased tickets online for the chocolate trail the day before we wanted to travel. The payment was confirmed and I received a confirmation email with the booking number. After a few hours, I still had not received the emailed tickets as promised so I sent them an email. I got a polite automatic response that they would respond in one to five business days. Problem: I ordered the tickets on Saturday for a trip on Sunday. Upon looking at the site more carefully, it seems they are only open during weekdays, so no help. We are now at the station, MOB is very nice but they say they can’t access the reservation but they acknowledge that it is clear I paid. Maybe they will allow us on the trip, maybe we will have to pay again. I just wanted you to know because if it is necessary to only book through them during the week or to book directly through MOB, then your site should reflect that fact. Thx.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    4 July 2021 at 10:03:04 #935574

Hi Dfhphd!

I’m not sure what happened there. You probably bought regular paper tickets instead of e-tickets, explaining why you didn’t receive them by e-mail on short notice. Regarding the delivery method of tickets: it’s not possible for us to completely specify all details of all tickets offered by all retailers, but we try to be as specific if possible. For the Chocolate Train, I don’t see where we mentioned that e-tickets with quick delivery are offered (http://www.myswissalps.com/chocolatetrain/tickets). Please let us know where you found this information.

Could you also pass on your HappyRail order number please, allowing us to look into this?

Meanwhile, I hope you still get to enjoy your Chocolate Train journey and that this will all be sorted :-)! I wish you a wonderful stay in Switzerland.

Arno
    15484 posts
    6 July 2021 at 7:35:30 #935575

Hi Dfhphd,

I checked with HappyRail and the Chocolate Train reservation is not an e-ticket (yet). They issue this manually so that takes a business day. Their page https://www.happyrail.com/en/pass/europe/switzerland/panoramic-trains was not clear on this, so they will change it. They said they refunded your purchase so I guess all is ok now.

Thank you for letting us know about what happened, and enjoy Switzerland!

• The thread ‘Chocolate Train tickets not received within 1 day’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.