City-City Ticket vs regular ticket Gersau - Luzern

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
sskundu
sskundu
127 posts
Apr 5, 2016 - 9:52 AM

I was checking the ticket prices between Gersau, Schiffstation and Luzern for 22/4/2016 and I found the full priced tickets are CHF 15.80 (total for 2 people = CHF 31.60).

But then there is one more option of City-City ticket which is costing CHF 47.60 for two people. What is the difference between the two tickets. Should I go for the individual tickets only which will cost me less for two of us ?

Also, I would probably book this ticket online 2 days prior to the journey date i.e. on 20/4/2016, I hope the prices for full fare tickets don't change neither their availability ?

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
5524 posts
expert
Apr 5, 2016 - 11:59 PM

Hi sskundu.

Perhaps you used the prices that show in the SBB timetable?

Those are half - fare prices, because almost all Swiss have some form of half fare card.

?

Slowpoke

Annika
Annika
5005 posts
expert &
Apr 6, 2016 - 5:44 AM in reply to sskundu

Hi sskundu,

Full priced single tickets are CHF 15.80 per person. A City-City ticket includes public transport within the town of departure and arrival. You don't need that. A City-ticket includes public transport within the town of arrival (Luzern). Whether you need that depends on your plans.

sskundu
sskundu
127 posts
Apr 6, 2016 - 6:20 AM in reply to Annika

HI Annika,

My itinerary on 22/4 is as below:

1. Gersau, Schiffstation to Küssnacht am Rigi, Bahnhof (by bus ; only option)

2. Küssnacht am Rigi, Bahnhof to Luzern (train)

3.Luzern to Milan (international train ; separate tickets purchased)

The full ticket fare of CHF 15.80 is for the entire leg of Gersau to Luzern via Küssnacht am Rigi. Then what additional would a City-City ticket or City-ticket include ?

Last modified on Apr 6, 2016 - 6:21 AM by sskundu
Annika
Annika
5005 posts
expert &
Apr 6, 2016 - 7:02 AM

Hi sskundu,

Please see my previous post: it includes transport within town. But you don't need that for your plans.

Have a good trip!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019