City to City Ticket Vs Individual Vs Super Saver

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2016 at 12:09:13 #809160

Hi,

For our upcoming trip we will be coming Luzern from Paris Via Basel. I have already purchased TGV tickets till Basel.

Now from Basel to Luzern, I have option to Buy Individual Tickets or City to City Ticket which provides me upgrade to Luzern City Ticket.

Individual Ticket costs 33CHF and City to City costs 41CHF.

Can anyone tell me what is the better option, does City Ticket cover all local transport for the day?

Does it include anything else ? like discounts to local attractions, Museums etc ?

Any help will be appreciated

Edit: Also now I saw that I can get super saver tickets for CHF16.50 , this is the better deal then other two options right ?

Best

MK

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    10 May 2016 at 12:32:45 #851832

Hi MK,

Those tickets include urban transport in the destination town, and optionally in the departure town as well. There are no attractions included. You usually don’t need such tickets, unless your hotel is far away from the train station and you intend to do more trips in town that day. A Supersaver ticket is indeed the cheapest option, but a bit tricky as it’s only valid for one train. If you miss that you’ll loose the ticket.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2016 at 13:05:41 #851833

Hi Arno,

Thanks for Clarification, my hotel is near to train station in Luzern (Ibis Budget Luzern City), not sure if we can walk to there with Luggage etc, we reach there around noon and we have rest of the day to roam around and see the city that was the only reason I was looking for day pass for Luzern.

As for travel, we Reach Basel around 10.30 AM and if we take 11.17 train to Luzern do you think its good enough time for change over so that we dont miss the train. Unless the TGV which comes from Paris gets delayed a lot (does that happen? ) , if above plan works then I can look at super saver tickets as they are 50% cheaper.

Best

MK

Arno
    15484 posts
    10 May 2016 at 13:24:19 #851834

Hi MK,

You can walk to your hotel in less than 15 minutes. Most of the attractions are at walking distance. Personally I would not buy a day pass to explore the city center.

Even 5 minutes is enough to change trains. The risk is in a delayed train (it happens, but most are on time), but with 47 minutes you have quite some slack.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2016 at 13:36:03 #851835

Thanks Arno,

This is great info, I will skip the day pass then 🙂

Will look for Super Saver ticket and I already have around 47 Mins and will do some prayers for that be on time , as for 6 of us its quite bit of money being saved 🙂

Best

MK

• The thread ‘City to City Ticket Vs Individual Vs Super Saver’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.