Connection From BrocFabrique to Maison CaillerChoc

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 April 2014 at 7:41:48 #806310

Hi,

I want to travel by train (using Swiss Saver Pass)to Maison Cailler Chocolate Factory from Montreux. I plan to take a Swiss Saver Pass for my family with kids.

1. I understand that I have to get off the train at Broc Fabrique station. After reaching Broc Fabrique station how do I reach the Maison Cailler Chocolate Factory? Is there a bus/tram? If so what would the timings be?

2. I plan to visit the Maison Cailler Chocolate Factory first, have lunch at Gruyers village and then visit the cheese factory as I want to witness the cheese making. Is this recommended?

3. As per the train schedule I have to change trains at least twice (at Montbovon and Broc Fabrique) to reach Gruyeres from Montreux. Would the train platforms be nearby so that I do not miss the connectivity?

Pls let me know.

Thanks,

Shilpa John

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7125 posts
    15 April 2014 at 5:45:13 #839752

Hi Shilpa,

1. The station is 2 minutes on foot from the factory.

2. Sure, you can do things in any order you prefer. The rail station of Gruyères is opposite the cheese factory. The town is about 15 minutes on foot.

3. Usually it is one change in Montbovon to get from Gruyères to Montreux. You can check the timetable for your date and time. Any change recommended by the timetable is doable as long as trains run on time, which is mostly the case.

Have a lovely day!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 April 2014 at 8:15:37 #839753

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Shilpa

• The thread ‘Connection From BrocFabrique to Maison CaillerChoc’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.