Construction schedule on Piz Gloria

• darrell
    Participant
    38 posts
    12 April 2016 at 2:23:37 #808889

Been reading that there is construction on or around Piz Gloria—Schilthorn wondering when completion scheduled to be complete—–Thanks for any imput!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    12 April 2016 at 5:51:14 #850665

Hi Darrell,

The dates are listed on schilthorn.ch/en/Angeb ot/Timetable__Tariffs/ Timetable. Unfortunately the PDF with more details did not work when I tried. As far as I know they do not operate at all during these maintenance days. Nearest time frame is April 18 to 22.

darrell
    Participant
    38 posts
    12 April 2016 at 16:20:29 #850666

Thanks but I am reading on trip advisor that construction has been on going with cranes obstructing view and terrible noise so I do not believe that this is the usual shut down schedule——as persons from 3 weeks ago and from last Sept are commenting Am I totally wrong???? Thanks again

Arno
    15483 posts
    12 April 2016 at 16:30:26 #850667

Hi Darrell,

I don’t know about construction works but as far as I know the views are unobstructed. You can check the webcams: schilthorn.ch/en/Info/ Schilthorn_Live/Liveca ms. Also you can double check before going up as there’s live video in the valley stations.

• The thread ‘Construction schedule on Piz Gloria’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.