Cost of trip to Jungfraujoch with rail passes

• Kaira428
    Participant
    18 posts
    28 September 2022 at 2:30:21 #828443

Hi DEs, please clarify my perplexity over the different prices up to Jungfraujoch from different stations — Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen and Grindelwald. Why is it the most expensive to start the journey from Interlaken? Even when we start our journey from Interlaken, we’ll still have to ascend from Grindelwald if we’re taking the Eiger Express.

We’ll be holding Swiss Travel Passes that’ll cover our trip up to any of the three stations and then it’s 50% or 25% discount on the mountain funiculars. The last part of our journey up to Jungfraujoch itself is only discounted 25%.

I understand that holders of a Swiss Half Fare Pass have a better discount for the last leg up to Jungfraujoch compared with those holding Swiss Travel Passes.

Can you advise me how much it’ll cost me to ascend Jungfraujoch one way by cable car and return by train?

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 September 2022 at 7:13:21 #947433

Hi Kaira428,

at http://www.myswissalps.com/jungfraujoch/gettingthere you can find the different options and how you can visit Jungfraujoch. I recommend a round trip, so you go up one way and come back on an other way. So you can see more from the Jungfrau region.

The prices of the route vary by the date, you are traveling, also by the distance you are making. Interlaken is further, so it might be more expensive. At http://www.myswissalps.com/jungfraujoch/tickets you can check the ticket prices and also many useful information and tips regarding when and how to buy your ticket to the Jungfraujoch.

If you would travel this week, a return trip (round trip by cogwheel train from Grindelwald/Wengen or with Eiger Express via Eigergletscher to the Jungfraujoch) would cost 188,80 CHF full price, 140,60 CHF with Swiss Travel Pass and 94,40 CHF with Swiss Half Fare Card.

I hope this helps,

Ildiko

MySwissAlps.com recommends reading this: Validity area of the Swiss Travel Pass and Validity area of the Swiss Half Fare Card

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 September 2022 at 12:19:12 #947434

A normal ticket is ‘most expensive’ from Interlaken simply because Interlaken is the furthest away starting point for any trip up the Jungfrau. However most passes will give you the Interlaken – Grindelwald / Lauterbrunnen (the valley) section for free

Kaira428
    Participant
    18 posts
    29 September 2022 at 1:45:14 #947435

Thanks, IIdiko

Kaira428
    Participant
    18 posts
    29 September 2022 at 1:45:50 #947436

Thanks, 1960man

• The thread ‘Cost of trip to Jungfraujoch with rail passes’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.