Customs before or after arrival by plane in Geneva

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2019 at 14:39:24 #822749

Hello again all,

We are flying from Dublin to Geneva later this month. I presume we will be going through customs in Geneva, not Dublin, is that correct? Is the customs area marked in English? If not, what will the signs say?

Thanks as usual!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    10 July 2019 at 3:28:40 #917352

You will go through Customs at Geneva. You don’t have to find them you will be guided that way.

See http://www.myswissalps.com/ai rports/geneva. You will find a link on there to a plan of the terminal.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 July 2019 at 13:06:45 #917353

Thanks! We are staying in an apartment in Ferney-Voltaire France, which is very close to the airport. There are 6 of us each with a checked bag and small backpack. Having trouble figuring transport across the border. I think the #66 bus will work but we have a good bit of luggage. How does that work with the bus going across the border? The few private transfer sites I have looked at seem to only stay in Switzerland.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    10 July 2019 at 21:21:28 #917354

You probably won’t even know you’ve crossed a border.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2019 at 0:02:50 #917355

I don’t know of an airport anywhere in the world where you wouldn’t go through customs on arrival off an international flight.

Geneva is a small airport, you will soon see the queue for passport check once you come off the plane and follow everyone else to the terminal.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 July 2019 at 14:33:11 #917356

I know that our Swiss Travel Pass will get us on the bus from Geneva to Ferney-Voltaire (in France) but what about coming back into Geneva? Will the bus driver accept the Swiss Travel Pass for that fare?

Thanks!

Annika
    7124 posts
    12 July 2019 at 15:07:26 #917357

Hi Thebowser5! The direction of traveling doesn’t matter. If your Swiss Travel Pass is valid between Geneva and Ferney-Voltaire, you’ll also be able to use it when heading to Geneva. By the way, I’m not sure whether the trip is actually covered, as Ferney-Voltaire is in France and validity usually stops at the Swiss-French border: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ validity. I’d be happy to learn though, so you could let me know where you’ve found this information? Thanks :-)!

• The thread ‘Customs before or after arrival by plane in Geneva’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.