Day trip around Interlaken before Lausanne options

Day trip around Interlaken before Lausanne options

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
vartika31
vartika31
17 posts
Jun 4, 2017 - 5:31 AM

Hi guys, I'll be in Interlaken for 2 days. First day, we'll just cover the local spots including Meiringen and rest for a while. Next day, we're planning Jungfraujoch.

I'll have one day free (third day). Is there any town/city that is worth visiting (and staying for 1 night) near Interlaken? We are planning to go to Lausanne the next day (that is fourth day) and staying for 2 nights before catching train to Paris

PS the town/city must be near enough to Interlaken so that we don't have to change trains (we have quite a bit of luggage)

Lucas
Lucas
6497 posts
expert &
Jun 4, 2017 - 8:28 AM in reply to vartika31

HI Vartika31,

You can travel quite far in Switzerland without changing train so I wouldn't worry about that issue.
You can search fro the train schedules to plan your trip here.

There are lots of easy day trips to explore near Interlaken like Lake Thun and Lake Brienz. For an overnight stay perhaps Bernor if you are looking for something on the way to Lausanne, perhaps Montreux?

Have a look at the links above and see if those places interest you.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018