Aug 21, 2023 - 5:34 AM
in reply to anshu66
Yes, it's possible to do a day trip to the Areuse Gorge from Zurich. This gorge is located in the Jura region, near Neuchatel about 2 hours from Zurich.
1. If you're taking public transport, I recommend you start the hike from Noiraigue station. From Noiraigue to Boudry, you'll be walking mostly downhill, along the river, on a mix of paved and dirt road (not suitable for strollers).
2. The stations are Noirague, gare and Boudry, gare.
3. You can find further information about the trail here: www.j3l.ch/en/V1571/things-to-do/sport-leisure/hiking/areuse-gorges
4. The trail is categorised as easy and suitable for family and children. There are various picnic areas along the trail.
5. The trail from Noiraigue to Boudry is about 11km. Estimated hiking time is roughly 2 to 4 hours.
Hope this gives you the information you need.