Day trip to Jungfraujoch. Things to do?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 July 2016 at 22:14:25 #809642

Hi

I am planning a day trip to Jungfraujoch from Interlaken. I have read through the suggested routes on your website and am following the same. I have a STP and will be taken the trains via Lauterbrunnen while going and will return vis Grinwald. I wanted to ask the following additional questions

1. Once you reach Jungfraujoch, what is there to do? How much time can you seen there? Are there restaurants etc there? I am travelling with Kids (5 and 8 years) so do i need to carry food with me?

2. Does the package tour (with guide) offer any additional benefit? Or is it better for me to do the trip by myself since i already have a STP. DO i get access to all the places to visit and see on Jungfraujoch even if i do not take a guided tour?

Thanks

Prem

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    11 July 2016 at 6:39:40 #853956

Hi Prem,

1. Please find all information here: myswissalps.com/ jungfraujoch.

2. Both options are fine. It’s a matter of personal preferences. Some people like the additional information they get from a tour guide and also prefer to leave the preparations to a tour operator. Others prefer to pick their own departure time and travel pace. Please find options through myswissalps.com/ jungfraujoch/ packages.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2016 at 9:33:35 #853957

My advise, do the Jungfrau on your own. It is a easy tour and you can plan your day yourself.

The traintrip is also easy. From Interlaken with the BOB train (Yellow/blue) to Lauterbrunnen. Take the front part of the train, the other part of the train go to Grindelwald.

Take at Lauterbrunnen the WAB train (green Yellow) on the oppositie platform to Wengen and Kleine Scheidegg. Take at Kleine Scheidegg the JB train (red colour) to Jungfraujoch. This train leaves at Kleine Scheidegg on the other site of the station building. In direction of traveling, on your right site.

The Jungfrau train is also stopping on Eigernordwand and Eismeer, to see the view. The train is waiting for you. When it is nice weather on Jungfraujoch, walk to Mönchhutte. The kids like to play in the snow. You can spend between 4 to 6 hours on Jungfrau to see everything.

Take some foot and drinks with you, on Jungfrau everything cost a lot of money.

–> Go only to Jungfrau by very, very nice weather and a blue sky !

Greetings from the Netherlands, Brahms

Hudspith
    Participant
    71 posts
    11 July 2016 at 10:49:03 #853958

Thank you Arno and Brahms for your advice – I am also doing the same trip in August so found this article very useful – especially the tip about the BOB train.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2016 at 12:08:46 #853959

When you are in the wrong part of the BOB-train, no panic.

It is also possible go to Grindelwald > Kleine Scheidegg > Jungfraujoch.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 July 2016 at 8:47:44 #853960

Many Thanks Arno

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 July 2016 at 11:04:51 #853961

Many thanks Brahms. Very useful

• The thread ‘Day trip to Jungfraujoch. Things to do?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.