Which 2 mountains on one day from Lauterbrunnen?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2019 at 20:54:14 #822234

We are spending 2 nights in Lauterbrunnen so I have 2 days to tour the area. I want to visit Grindelwald First, Jungfraujoch, Schilthornn and Trummelbachfalls. Which 2 mountains would I be able to visit in one day? Thanks for any help or other suggests of things to do in the area

Martha W

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    12 June 2019 at 21:13:25 #915002

You can combine Jungfraujoch with First in a day by going up to Jungfraujoch via Wengen and down to Grindelwald.

From Lauterbrunnen a very nice circuit to do is to Grütschalp (cable car), Mürren (train), Gimmelwald (cable car), Stechelberg (cable car), Lauterbrunnen (bus). From Mürren you can easily visit Schilthorn (don’t miss The Thrill Walk at Birg) and even Allmendhubel if you have time. In between Stechelberg and Lauterbrunnen the bus stops at the Trummelbach Falls. Well worth a look. The entire circuit and side trips are free with the Swiss Travel Pass apart from the Allmendhubel Funicular (50% discount) and the Falls (modest entry fee).

Those two excursions should fill your days. Use this graphic to visualise the routes.

• The thread ‘Which 2 mountains on one day from Lauterbrunnen?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.