Dining in Zermatt: Klein Matterhorn or Sunnegga?

Dining in Zermatt: Klein Matterhorn or Sunnegga?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
luthienbabe
luthienbabe
28 posts
Mar 4, 2017 - 12:16 PM

Hi,

I would like to know which has better restaurants (good view and quality of food): Klein Matterhorn or Sunnegga?

How much would you say is the average price per person, per meal in those restaurants? CHF 30 maybe?

That said, is it more cheaper to eat in the mountain restaurants or in Zermatt village?

We're not really picky eaters, the most important to us is the price, the cheaper the better (but of course the food should at least be decent :-) )

Thanks!

Lucas
Lucas
3460 posts
expert &
Mar 5, 2017 - 4:23 PM in reply to luthienbabe

Hi Luthienbabe,

I have been to a restaurant on Sunnegga (near the chair lift) and the food was fairly basic, German food in a cafeteria style (great views of the Matterhorn though). I can't say about other restaurants on the mountain but some are world-famous and will be priced accordingly.

Most dishes will start around 25chf to 30chf at restaurants in Zermatt (and Switzerland really) except the cafeteria style restaurants frequented by skiers that tend to be a little cheaper. I would be tempted to say most restaurant's views of the Matterhorn will be limited unless you are there in the summer and able to go on a patio? Here is a link for eating and dining in Zermatt that could be of help.

Regards,
Lucas

luthienbabe
luthienbabe
28 posts
Mar 7, 2017 - 6:06 AM in reply to Lucas

Thanks Lucas!

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017