Jun 26, 2022 - 1:10 PM
in reply to Arno
We are going to visit Switzerland during late August until mid September (24 days in total).
I have read about this Travel Wifi device.
I do have my own small "My pocket WiFi" device. This device also works with a simcard.
Up to 5 people can connect to this device for internet connection. It will only be my husband and I (2x adults).
1. Can we then use this device of mine while travelling in Switzerland? (We also have small power banks to use for battery charge if needed during the day).
2. I see that there are 3 main Internet providers in Switzerland: Swisscom / Salt / Sunrise and that we can buy different options of simcards, like 5Gig / 50Gig / Unlimited packages.
3. What is the download and upload speed of these companies? I see that SwissCom has a 4G speed.
4. We only need it for Data while we are daily sightseeing and travelling around. We are going to make use of SBB Transport. We already have the timetables and connections for our different transport going to use daily. But this device and simcard is only as a back-up. So we mainly wanted to be connected to the SBB app and be able to use google maps if necessary. I do know that we can use google maps also off-line. We do not need the internet during the day for whatsapp / facebook / social media. For these we can use the free internet during the evenings at our accommodations.
5. We thus only need a Data Simcard. My pocket Wi-Fi has a code that shows on the WiFi "settings" when I connect to the internet. Will the shop where we buy such a simcard, activate then this sim that it will work on this device of mine?
We can get a simcard when arriving in Zürich. I have already found the different stores nearby our Zürich accommodation and the Main Trainstation.
So please let me know if this device of mine will do the same as the TravelWifi that you have mentioned above currently with the promotion.