Discount on Travelers Wifi mobile internet

• Arno
    15484 posts
    10 August 2020 at 12:45:43 #825649

Hi everyone,

MySwissAlps visitors get a 10% discount on unlimited high-speed mobile internet with the coupon code MYSWISSALPS2020. The discount is available until 31 August 2020.

More details about this mobile router are available here: https://www.myswissalps.com/planning/practical/mobile-internet/

Happy and safe travels!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Margreet57
    Participant
    1 post
    16 August 2020 at 15:36:48 #934073

I used Travelers WiFi in 2017 and 2019 in the Bernese Oberland. Was very satisfied. Ordered a device this year. It did NOT work. Not at Grosse Scheidegg, Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald, no where at all. After having reached out to customer service I was sent a new device. This one again did NOT work, only at the apartment in Wilderswil, where I did not need it. Contacted customer service and was being told I was in “a very remote area” 😡 In 2017 & 2019 I was in the exact same area! The friends with whom I traveled had perfect internet via their providers. I got my money back and was being told to next time first inform if the area I was planning g to visit was covered. Next year I’ll be visiting Interlaken again, but I won’t use Travelers WiFi again. Very disappointing this time. So be aware.

Anna
    6382 posts
    17 August 2020 at 6:02:06 #934074

Hi Margreet57,

Thank you for joining MySwissAlps forum. I am sorry you had a bad experience using the Travelers Wifi during your recent trip. Good to know they gave your money back.

Regards,

Anna

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 August 2020 at 9:38:02 #934075

Hello Margreet57,

It’s unfortunate that you had bad luck with it the third time. It should work perfectly in all inhabited places and major tourist attractions. Only remote locations could normally be a problem (for any operator usually), although in many cases even that still works. Examples of remote locations in that area are the First via Faulhorn to Schynige Platte trail, the Schwarzwaldalp valley, the very end of the Lauterbrunnen valley, etc. This is my experience too: the only time it showed no or too slow service was actually in Germany, in an area that is spotty via any operator. I’m glad to hear you got your money back, that’s really all they can do after replacing the device I guess. If you rather try a different option next time, please have a look here, it might be helpful: https://www.myswissalps.com/planning/practical/mobile-internet/.

• The thread ‘Discount on Travelers Wifi mobile internet’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.