Discounts on cable cars only on active pass days?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2016 at 0:22:16 #809120

Dear Sir/Mdm,

I am wanting to find out if the discount is only valid on days that the pass is active?

example pass valid from monday to wednesday (arriving Engelberg wed) and I plan to go up Mount Titlis on thursday, would I still be able to get 50% off the cable car ride up to Titlis? or will i need then consider getting the 4 day travel pass?

Thank you

Regards,

Sophie

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    7 May 2016 at 16:11:14 #851669

Hello Sophie, thanks for joining us!

I’m not quite sure which pass you’re referring to, as there are many options. I think it’s the 3 day Swiss Travel Pass you have in mind, right? Cable car discounts are only available during the pass’s validity, so in this case from Monday to Wednesday, not on Thursday. You’d need a pass that’s valid on Thursday in order to get the 50% discount for Titlis. It’s explained here.

Whether a 3 or 4 day Swiss Travel Pass is your best option, or even an entirely different pass, can be found out using these guidelines.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2016 at 13:13:01 #851670

Thank you for your response Annika. You’ve answered my question perfectly!

Thank you!

regards,

Sophie

(PS: you are right i was referring to the 3 day swiss travel pass)

• The thread ‘Discounts on cable cars only on active pass days?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.