Do your homework

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
hazmel
hazmel
21 posts
Jan 2, 2012 - 1:37 PM
Though I normally hire a car in Geneva when visiting your beautiful country I decided to try the train journey on my last visit ,unfortunately I didn't do my homework on the platform changes from Geneva to Lauterbrunnen which proved disastrous.My wife and I both in our 70s were dashing as fast as 70 year olds can with 2 large suitcases and a back pack from platform to platform asking the attendants for help at each station.In my ignorance I thought it would be a direct line to Interlaken and a simple matter to get the train to Lauterbrunnen from there.
This is a warning to all idiots like me ,check the times and the platform numbers it makes the journey so much easier.
Arno
Arno
12080 posts
expert &
Jan 5, 2012 - 6:51 AM

Thanks for sharing that hazmel. I'm sorry to hear that your trip was more difficult than it should have been. It's indeed a good idea to check the timetable to see whether changing trains is necessary.

Last modified on Nov 1, 2018 - 4:17 PM by Arno

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019