Does price to Jungfrau change in summer?

Does price to Jungfrau change in summer?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
khairin
khairin
16 posts
Dec 3, 2016 - 11:07 AM

Hi,

I am planning to go to Switzerland from 28th June to 1st July 2017, and from my reading it is the beginning of the summer at Switzerland.

I have checked the price to go to Jungfrau from Interlaken west using swissrailway page. And with Swiss travel pass, from my calculation, after discount, I need to add around CHF123 (return) from grindelwald/ lauterbrunnen to jungfrau.

However I was informed by a Facebook member that the price to go to Jungfrau will be different compared to what I check from the swissrailways page at the time being because now is December. He said it is more expensive during summer compared to winter season. Can anyone from your team please help me to confirm this? Thank you for your help.

Arno
Arno
10751 posts
expert &
Dec 3, 2016 - 1:43 PM

Hi khairin,

There will be a slight increase of about 3% on nearly all tickets and passes in Switzerland as of January 1. But the price to Jungfraujoch does not change throughout the year. Summer and winter are both pretty expensive ;-)

khairin
khairin
16 posts
Dec 3, 2016 - 3:54 PM in reply to Arno

Thank you for your reply ☺

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018