Does the coronavirus affect trips to Switzerland?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Johnsonkelly
    Participant
    9 posts
    19 October 2021 at 17:07:42 #933407

On the covid certificate application it asks “last dose” and “number of doses required”. I’ve had 3 pfizer doses, so would I put last dose: 3, required number of doses: 2?

Jchaluh
    Participant
    11 posts
    19 October 2021 at 17:29:42 #933408

I wrote;

3 doses

3 required

went to the app to get my transfer code.

still waiting for an confirmation code from email.

I am on a desk top.

Anna
    6382 posts
    19 October 2021 at 17:56:00 #933409

Hi Jchaluh,

Don’t forget to check your spam box.

Anna

Jchaluh
    Participant
    11 posts
    19 October 2021 at 18:42:01 #933410

Hi Anna. First I want to say thank you so much for all your help.

I did check my spam and it was there.

Do I use the same transfer code for my wife or does she have to generate one for herself?

Anna
    6382 posts
    19 October 2021 at 18:48:26 #933411

Hi Jchaluh,

I think you would need to apply separately and each application will generate a different code.

Hope everything works out.

Regards,

Anna

Jchaluh
    Participant
    11 posts
    19 October 2021 at 19:30:07 #933412

Anna I found this verbiage a few minutes ago in the App.

I think based on that, I can store several certificates under one app or in this case one transfer number.

of course I can be safe and have my wife generate her own.

I called a Covid hot line. I asked what happens if we do not have the certificate, can we still get into restaurants, etc.

She told me yes, all I have to do is show my vaccine card.

Did I misunderstand her?

Maomaopug
    Participant
    5 posts
    19 October 2021 at 21:03:59 #933413

No, did not get a transfer code. I am wondering if you have to be a European to use this.

Help!!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 October 2021 at 19:10:52 #933414

Hi Johnsonkelly,

I would write in the date of the last one, so the 3. doses.

I hope that helps,

Ildiko

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 October 2021 at 19:24:13 #933415

Hi Jchaluh,

“I think based on that, I can store several certificates under one app”

– Yes, correct. I have 2 Covid certificates in my Swiss Covid certificate app (mine and my husband’s). So that should work.

“I called a Covid hot line. I asked what happens if we do not have the certificate, can we still get into restaurants, etc. She told me yes, all I have to do is show my vaccine card. Did I misunderstand her?”

– Have you mentioned when are you traveling? As based on the information from the Federal Office of Public Health, foreign vaccination certificates, including NHS certificates, will be valid for access to events or facilities requiring a COVID certificate only until 24 October.
    After this date you need to have an EU or Swiss Covid certificate.

Ildiko

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 October 2021 at 19:30:35 #933416

Hi Maomaopug,

yes, according to the FAQ (http://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/haeufig-gestellte-fragen.html?faq-url=/covid/en/covid-certificate), the COVID Certificate app is available for download worldwide.

As an application usually takes five days to process, it is also recommended to apply for a certificate two weeks before your trip to Switzerland. So it has to work from anywhere.

In the meantime, has your problem been solved?

Ildiko

NannyNorman
    Participant
    56 posts
    20 October 2021 at 20:28:16 #933417

Hi guys, is any one of you already received your covid certificate after you applied, how many days is the processing .

Thank you

500Height
    Participant
    3 posts
    20 October 2021 at 23:15:02 #933418

Hi,

I’ll fly back to USA from Zurich airport. Does anyone know test locations and cost other than Zurich airport? Is there a long line waiting for the test in Zurich airport?

thank you

Jchaluh
    Participant
    11 posts
    21 October 2021 at 3:15:36 #933419

I sent in my certificate request on Tuesday, 10/19 at 1:30 and received at 5:30am on Wednesday10/20 CST.

I sent in my wife’s request at 7pm on Tuesday and I have not received it as of 10:15pm on Wednesday.

I hope this helps.

NannyNorman
    Participant
    56 posts
    21 October 2021 at 5:25:44 #933420

Thank you very much

Jchaluh
    Participant
    11 posts
    21 October 2021 at 10:58:19 #933421

Good morning Nanny Norman,

My wife received her certificate at 3:26 today, 10/21. They seem to be pretty quick.

What day are you leaving ZRH? We leave today out if Houston to Washington Dulles to Zurich.

have a great day!

jesse

NannyNorman
    Participant
    56 posts
    21 October 2021 at 11:59:07 #933422

Thank you for your time, my schedule is nov 1 to 8, its good that they processed the application quickly, did you upload your passport as your identity and flights and hotel?

Manjiri_vora
    Participant
    16 posts
    21 October 2021 at 12:08:17 #933423

The covid certificate says it is valid for 365 days after the last dose, but my husband and me were fully vaccinated by Feb 2021, we plan to visit in may 2022, have also booked the air tickets.

we would apply for certificate closer to our travel.

how to apply for covid certificate as our vaccination will not be the right time range for may 2022.

thanks

Rgoppelt
    Participant
    44 posts
    21 October 2021 at 12:37:03 #933424

Get your booster shot that will put you in the right range for the health pass. They are easy to get at Hyvee or any pharmacy. They do not ask a lot of verification so if for some reason you are not over 65 or in a high risk group you can still get it. Sadly with the latest statistics on the vaccine wearing down after a couple months, I suspect we all need a booster or third shot. I got mine and it was easy with no sideeffects. . The Swiss and French take the health pass very seriously. I also had to send in my healthpass to all my hotels so we could check in. They all asked for it before we left for Switzerland. One hint about covid safety you can tell the hotel that you do not want anyone in your room and just get new towels from the front desk. This worked well for us and we did not get covid. Also we were staying in Wengen and they had a free test Antigen type for us. We scheduled the appointment before we left . It may no longer be free because of changing regulations but it would have cost only 75 sfr which is cheaper than the PCR test which was 150 SFR. However make sure you check to see if you are transiting through a Amsterdam or another airport because their regulations may require the PCR test. The US accepts the antigen and PCR test.

Manjiri_vora
    Participant
    16 posts
    21 October 2021 at 12:51:52 #933425

Yes , you are right.

we will have to take a booster to travel.

thanks .

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 October 2021 at 14:50:58 #933426

Hi NannyNorman,

the official answer is that “An application usually takes five days to process, but this can take slightly longer in individual cases. We therefore recommend that you apply for a certificate two weeks before your trip to Switzerland”.

But in many cases it is much faster than that, according to the personal experiences of the forum members.

Take care,

Ildiko

Viewing 20 posts - 741 through 760 (of 1,071 total)
  • The thread ‘Does the coronavirus affect trips to Switzerland?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.