Does the coronavirus affect trips to Switzerland?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Shamanz
    Participant
    9 posts
    11 December 2021 at 18:52:27 #933567

Hi Alecia, maybe I can help you with this. I’ve spent 7 amazing days in Switzerland and will be flying back to SG tomorrow morning. You can’t use SG app to show yr vaccination status here. For the vaccination cert, you need to get it notorised via this link: http://www.notarise.gov.sg/

You will receive via email a notarised Vaccination Certificate with a QR code that can be scanned here. For me, I have the hardcopies of the vaccination cert, pre-departure PCR test result and Switzerland entry form ready to be checked by immigration upon arrival. Then I just carry these documents and passport with me wherever I go, including restaurants. Hardcopies are also handy, in case yr phone battery dies at the wrong time.

Anna
    6382 posts
    11 December 2021 at 19:23:27 #933568

Hi Shamanz,

Thanks for sharing this information. Indeed Singapore has been added to the list of non-EU countries where the EU Digital COVID certificate is recognised. Likewise, the COVID certificate issued in Singapore is accepted in Switzerland (and EU countries).

Have a safe journey home and do share your travel experience if you have time. You can post a trip report here: http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/tripreports

Best regards,

Anna

MyTravels
    Participant
    25 posts
    12 December 2021 at 2:59:12 #933569

Hi Everyone

Seeking some information in relation to the Swiss COVID certificates validity. I am travelling to Switzerland on the 30th June 2022 and returning to Australia on the 1st August. I have already applied for and received a Swiss COVID certificate, however as my last vaccination was administered on the 30th June 2021, the Swiss certificate is only valid to the 29th July – two days before I fly out of Zurich. I am planning to have a booster shot next month however the Australian Government have advised that booster shots will not be recorded on the Australian COVID certificate (which we must currently show when entering a public place in Australia i.e., restaurants) but it will be shown on the immunization record which is a separate document to the certificate.

Can anyone provide advice or information as to how I navigate this – being in Switzerland for the last 2 days of my holiday without a valid certificate is somewhat of a concern as it stands right now. Is anyone aware of any other options available? Can I reapply for a Swiss COVID certificate post the booster shot? It is also complicated by the fact that my first 2 vaccinations were Astra Zeneca and my booster will be either Pfizer or Moderna (AZ is not approved as a booster shot in Australia – yet) and my recollection when applying for the Swiss certificate was that you could only click on one vaccine not multiple vaccines so proving I have had a booster would be somewhat difficult.

Maybe there is a very simple/easy solution to this so if anyone can assist that would be great.

Cheers

My Travels

Myles
    Participant
    3 posts
    12 December 2021 at 5:02:17 #933570

Thank you so much Ildiko! Just want to ask your opinion on taking the second test on the 7th day, is it already last minute if we are to do it on the 7th day? We will be in Switzerland for 16 days (19-Dec to 03-Jan).

Annika
    7124 posts
    12 December 2021 at 9:48:39 #933571

Hi My Travels!

Under the current rules, you’re considered vaccinated if you received your last dose up to 12 months ago. I expect the same to apply for the booster shot. So theoretically: yes, I’d say you can apply for another certificate for the last 2 days of your stay. As you can fill out only once vaccine when applying for the certificate, you’d best pick the one you’re vaccinated with last. So that would be Pfizer or Moderna for your 2nd certificate.

Unfortunately, there’s no clear information on the procedure concerning booster shots yet, so if you want to verify I suggest you contact the infoline of the Swiss Federal Office of Health. You’ll find their contact details at http://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende.html.

I hope they’ll be able to provide confirmation concerning your specific situation!

Annika
    7124 posts
    12 December 2021 at 9:51:10 #933572

Hi Myles!

For a stay longer than 7 nights/8 days, you should perform a 2nd test between the 4th and 7th day of your stay. So you’d still be in time if you get your test on the 7th day and immediately send the results to the canton you’re staying in.

Naiana
    Participant
    14 posts
    13 December 2021 at 16:13:35 #933573

Hi, Annika

This forum has helped me so much, with so many things, thank you so much for your work.

Could you help me about a doubt?

I’m brazilian and me and my family are going to Switzerland on january, very soon (at least we hope so, lol)

We will arrive via France, where we will stay for a few days and take the children to Disneyland Paris and after we will go to Interlaken by train.

We will do a PCR teste in Brazil before we go to France, otherwise we can even to board on plane, and with this PCR we will do the French health pass when we arrive. So, Have I to do another covid test to get the train to Interlaken from Paris? Because we will arrive from border region, right? I think won’t be necessary.

Other doubt I have, We are staying in Interlaken for 5 days.

In fact, in the fifth day we’ll return to France by train, because our plane to Brazil is departuring from Paris. So, Do I have to do the test in the fifth day? Because I will be leaving Switzerland on this day.

If you can help me with these questions, I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

Greetings from Brazil.

Naiana
    Participant
    14 posts
    13 December 2021 at 16:17:33 #933574

I forgot to say. Me and my husbund are fully vaccinated and our children are too young (6 and 9 years old) to get the vaccine.

Anna
    6382 posts
    13 December 2021 at 20:11:15 #933575

Hi Naiana,

Based on the latest updates regarding travel restrictions in Switzerland, all arrivals (travellers aged 16 and over) must present a negative PCR test to enter. This include tourists travelling on long distance trains from France to Switzerland. Random checks are carried out on trains and buses at the border. If you are visiting Switzerland less than 7 days, you don’t need to do a second test.

Similar restrictions may apply when you are travelling back to France so please make sure you know the current regulations in your destination country before your trip.

Regards,

Anna

sjomishkin
    Participant
    11 posts
    14 December 2021 at 19:09:20 #933576

Anna we have friends in Zurich who weren’t allowed entrance anywhere as of yesterday bc they were told they need a negative PCR taken IN SWITZERLAND, and their US PCR test taken within 72 hours wouldn’t be acceptable. Do you know anything about this??? We leave Tuesday for Europe. We are doing our PCR test in London and arriving within 72 hours to zurich

Fballguy
    Participant
    39 posts
    15 December 2021 at 0:33:04 #933577

This last post by Sjomishkin is pretty disturbing. We leave Thursday and have plans to spend $500 on two rapid PCR tests tomorrow. Seems outrageous to require the test in Switzerland. Hope this is a misunderstanding.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 December 2021 at 9:10:53 #933578

Hi Sjomishkin,

Sorry, I do not understand. What do you mean by “weren’t allowed entrance anywhere”? Where is anywhere? Like enter in Switzerland or to restaurants, museums etc.?

The official rule is: A negative PCR test no older than 72 hours is required to board flights to Switzerland and upon entering Switzerland. The test can be performed in the country of departure. + If you stay at least 7 nights (8 days), a second PCR test or a rapid antigen test is required between the 4th and 7th day of your stay.

After that, if you are already in Switzerland, you need the Swiss Covid Certificate to be able to enter the restaurants, museums, baths, etc. (For many public spaces such as hotels, restaurants and museums, a Swiss or EU COVID-certificate (with proof of vaccination, being recovered or a negative test result) is required.)

Please find more details in the first post of this thread.

Regards,

Ildiko

MyTravels
    Participant
    25 posts
    15 December 2021 at 9:16:03 #933579

Hi Annika

Thank you so much, your advice makes absolute sense, I will apply for the second certificate once I have had the booster and it is registered on my immunization record.

Cheers

My Travels

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 December 2021 at 9:18:17 #933580

Hi Fballguy,

according to the official rules, you can enter if you have a valid negative PCR test, no older than 72 hours at the time of entering Switzerland. If you have that, you should be OK.

I think there is just some kind of misunderstanding regarding Sjomishkin’s question. If he/she answers, we will know more.

In the meantime, please have a look once more at the first post in this thread, just to make sure you’ll have everything that you need for your enter and your holiday in Switzerland.

Thanks,

Ildiko

Naiana
    Participant
    14 posts
    15 December 2021 at 11:55:25 #933581

Hi, Anna

thank you for answering me.

this thread are being so helpful!

But, I don’t understand this part:

“Children from the age of 6 from countries with a virus variant of concern do need to be tested.”

we’re travelling with our children (6 and 9 year old) not vaccinated (here in Brazil the vaccination of children don’t started yet), we are on the red zone. They do need to be tested?

And I would like to know, if I have a French covid pass (pass sanitáire) I have to do the Swiss covid pass?? It will be so expensive so many PCR’s tests and passes

Thank you for your help!

I’m a little bit desperate with so many rules and bureaucracy.

I really hope until 20th January we won’t need to do the four PCR’s tests that we would need to if we’re travelling now.

Naiana
    Participant
    14 posts
    15 December 2021 at 12:44:00 #933582

Hi,

Sorry for insisting on this subject, but I just can’t understand. It’s so confusing.

We’re are Brazilian going to France (13th January until 19/01/22) after we’ll go to Interlaken/Switzerland by train (19th until 23/01/22) and on 23th January we’re backing to France by train.

So, me and my husband are fully vaccinated, my kiddos aren’t. But only me and my husband have to do the PCR test, right? The children are 6 and 9 years old.

Me and my husband will performing a PCR test in Brazil before boarding to France and one more time another PCR in Paris to get the train to Switzerland. Ok. But, already in Switzerland for less than 7 days we don’t need to perform another test to back to France according government french website: http://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel#from2

“2.2. Health control measures

If you are already vaccinated, you shall present proof of your vaccination status and a sworn statement certifying the absence of COVID-19 symptoms and of any contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19. A negative PCR or antigen test taken less than 48 hours old is required, except for arrivals from a Member State of the European Union, Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, the Holy See or Switzerland.”

According the final part, if we will arriving from Switzerland we won’t need a third PCR test, right? Or this exception is only for nationals from theses countries and don’t applies to tourists?

I’m sorry, I know this thread is only about Switzerland, but I can’t find help to understand the rules about entering in France from Switzerland.

if anyone can helps me, I will be so thankful.

Arriving in France I’ll have to do the third or fourth PCR test to come back do Brazil,.

In only 2 weeks I’ll need 3 ou 4 covid tests. I’m desperate.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 December 2021 at 16:37:32 #933583

Hi Naiana,

I cannot see that Brazil is in the red zone. Where have you seen that?

Have you tried the Travelcheck (travelcheck.admin.ch/home)? According to that only the adults need the 2 tests: A negative PCR test no older than 72 hours is required to board flights to Switzerland and upon entering Switzerland. If you stay at least 7 nights (8 days), a second PCR test or a rapid antigen test is required between the 4th and 7th day of your stay.

But as you won’t stay here 7 nights, you need to have just one negative PCR test no older than 72 hours.

According to my understanding, you need only 1 PCR test and just for the adults (above 16 years old) – to enter Switzerland.

Regarding your French Covid Pass: The certificates from EU/EFTA countries and those issued by third countries that are connected to the EU system can also be used to enter Switzerland.

Sorry, I do not know what are the latest (re-)entry requirements for France, but according to the Switzerland Tourism country list that can be downloaded at the bottom of the first post in this thread – you only need the Covid Pass and a health declaration form.

Ildiko

bear2019
    Participant
    50 posts
    16 December 2021 at 14:37:17 #933584

Hi,

i want to confirm again about pcr test prior to arrival to Switzerland. My flight is early next week.

For baby (14 months old) is not required pcr test as of now? Im just afraid rule keep changing. Thank you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 December 2021 at 16:27:45 #933585

Hi Bear2019,

I can understand your concern about the fast-changing rules.

I can confirm that as of today, no PCR test is required for a baby. The rule is: Children under 16 don’t have to be tested. Children from the age of 6 from countries with a virus variant of concern do need to be tested.

Please make sure to check the first post in this thread before your flight again. We update it regularly.

Have a safe flight and a wonderful holiday here, in Switzerland 🙂

Ildiko

Abbyoropeza
    Participant
    4 posts
    16 December 2021 at 17:06:08 #933586

We arrived in Switzerland yesterday and have had no issues entering restaurants and shops with our COVID certificate. Everything had been wonderful!

Viewing 20 posts - 901 through 920 (of 1,071 total)
  • The thread ‘Does the coronavirus affect trips to Switzerland?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.