Does the coronavirus affect trips to Switzerland?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 December 2021 at 21:42:39 #933587

Hi Abbyoropeza,

thank you for sharing the good news with us. I am very glad. Enjoy your stay and if you have any questions or need advice please feel free to come back to the forum 🙂

Ildiko

Annika
    7124 posts
    17 December 2021 at 16:00:23 #933588

Hi Switzerland lovers,

New entry rules will apply from Monday December 20. For most travelers, these rules will be easier and cheaper:

• A negative result of a PCR test performed no more than 72 hours ago was required upon entry. In addition, a negative result of a rapid antigen test performed no more than 24 hours ago will also be accepted from December 20.
    • All travelers staying longer than 7 nights (8 days) had to perform a 2nd test between day 4 and 7 day of their stay. From December 20, this rule will only apply to tourists that aren’t vaccinated or recovered. So vaccinated and recovered travelers no longer have to perform this 2nd test.

We’ve updated our first post of this thread. We’ll add more details once they’re confirmed.

Naiana
    Participant
    14 posts
    17 December 2021 at 22:38:58 #933589

I just saw the updates. I am so happy!!!!!!!!!

Yulius1970
    Participant
    33 posts
    18 December 2021 at 1:05:25 #933590

I hope next year more excited, and the Pandemi is over…

bear2019
    Participant
    50 posts
    19 December 2021 at 10:19:12 #933591

hi everyone,

i have one more question about Passenger Locator Form. For departure airport, should it be from my airport where i depart (my )country, or from transit airport. thanks

please let me know soon.

Thank you.

Annika
    7124 posts
    19 December 2021 at 15:57:27 #933592

Hi bear 2019,

There are separate things to fill out:

• your flight details. For these details, you’re asked to use the last leg of your journey. So that’s from your transport airport to Switzerland.
    • your country of departure. This is your home country.

If you click the blue ‘information’ icons at the right of the questions on the passenger locator form, you’ll get to see such details.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

bear2019
    Participant
    50 posts
    20 December 2021 at 0:54:52 #933593

Thank u so much Annika ☺️

My flight tonight! 🥰

Abbyoropeza
    Participant
    4 posts
    20 December 2021 at 3:25:13 #933594

Hello we have been in Switzerland since the 16th of December. the 22nd will be our 7th day, Do we still need to do a covid test since the rules change today?

Thank you

Abby

Anna
    6382 posts
    20 December 2021 at 7:57:23 #933595

Hi Abby,

Starting from today 20 Dec, the requirement to take a second test 4 to 7 days after entering the country will be waived for persons who are vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19.

Have a safe trip.

Regards,

Anna

Myles
    Participant
    3 posts
    21 December 2021 at 6:33:08 #933596

It’s our 2nd day in the country and I am just so happy to read the new updates!!!! We visited Jungfraojoch yesterday with a bright sunny weather and it was the most unforgettable experience in our lives!! Thank you everyone and thank mysiwssalps team!!!!

Anna
    6382 posts
    21 December 2021 at 7:16:52 #933597

Hi Myles,

Thanks for sharing.

I hope the sunny weather continues, enjoy the rest of your trip.

Regards,

Anna

streetromeo
    Participant
    3 posts
    24 December 2021 at 12:26:19 #933598

I forgot to apply for covid certificate on swiss system, i just filled passenger locator form only. and i’m in switzerland. now i have filled the form in lucerne and paid the fees. is there any way that we can get swiss certificate faster ? i tried to call lucerne canton office but no one picks up the calls.

Fballguy
    Participant
    39 posts
    24 December 2021 at 13:33:07 #933599

Just back from a week in Switzerland and will post a more comprehensive trip report when I get a minute to exhale (Merry Christmas!!). Switzerland was perfect and amazing (aside from the fact it didn’t snow once!), but the trip was bookended by airline incompetence and covid confusion. We flew United from Houston to Amsterdam and Swiss from Amsterdam to Zurich and we found both airlines to be disorganized and overwhelmed by rapidly evolving covid requirements. If your airline app allows you to upload your covid data prior to arriving at the airport, I highly recommend you do it. Many on our flights didn’t and it lead to our initial flight from Houston being delayed by 35 minutes. This isn’t a golden ticket to a smooth journey, but it helps. We were still asked to queue in Amsterdam to reconfirm all of our Covid info despite having followed all of the pre-flight procedures….and then when we checked in, upon scanning our boarding passes we were rejected and told to move to the side as they needed to confirm our Covid requirements again. The woman telling us this had just validated us 10 minutes prior. She looked frazzled and overwhelmed but after repeating my name several times she remembered and let us through. Many others had this happen as well. Through the entire trip you just felt there was going to be one more curveball awaiting you and we never had the feeling that we were good to go.

Just when you thought you had it made….you didn’t. For example…Having finally landed in Zurich and ready to get on with our vacation, we were saddened to become one of the final groups standing by the baggage carousel. Turns out the others standing there were on our flight from Houston as well. Despite our initial flight departing 35 minutes late and despite having a layover in Amsterdam of only slightly more than an hour….and having to wait in line to go thru security/immigration…and having to stand in line again to debate our Covid credentials…we made our connection to Zurich. But our bags did not. Unfortunately, getting the bags would not be as easy as you’d expect for a country that prides itself on precision.

More details to come, if interested, in the trip report, which I’ll try to post later today after my third glass of wine, so I’ll be as honest and colorful as possible. 🙂

Anna
    6382 posts
    24 December 2021 at 15:25:37 #933600

Hi Fballguy,

Thanks for sharing your travel experience. Glad you made it safely to Switzerland and back but I’m sorry you had to go through all those struggles. Indeed travelling is bit of a challenge with the constant changes in travel requirements recently. Looking forward to reading a trip report from you soon. You can post it here: http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/tripreports

In the meanwhile, Merry Christmas!

Seasons greetings,

Anna

bear2019
    Participant
    50 posts
    25 December 2021 at 0:38:00 #933601

Hi,

im currently in Zermatt. Merry christmas n happy holiday to all.

i want to book pcr test nearby Lauterbrunnen before my departure to UK. Wondering how long the result will be back and which link should i use for finding test location? The test taken must be in 2 days before travel to england.

please anyone if has input where to do pcr test. Thank you

Fballguy
    Participant
    39 posts
    25 December 2021 at 1:16:52 #933602

If you’re in Zermatt, there is a testing center on Bahnhofstrasse right around the Lindt store. Our hotel told us it was walk-in but we found out the hard way that walk ins were only excepted until 11:00 am, after which an appointment is required. We were also told you can have your hotel request a test and you can be tested right in your hotel. Neither option worked for us as we had to be tested within 24 hours of departure and were out of time, so we had to default to airport testing. Good luck. It’s an adventure.

Anna
    6382 posts
    25 December 2021 at 7:18:41 #933603

Hi bear2019,

You can find the link to locate test centres near you in the first post of this thread under important notes.

Wishing you safe travel.

Regards,

Anna

Samuelxchang
    Participant
    30 posts
    5 January 2022 at 3:38:43 #933604

Hi guys!

When applying for the covid certificate, do we input the 1st and 2nd dose? Or is it the 3rd dose? Also, when do you guys usually apply? I’m visiting around June I feel like it’s a bit early for me to apply right now.

Thanks!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 January 2022 at 7:34:15 #933605

Hi Samuelxchang,

An application usually takes up to five days to process, but this can take slightly longer in individual cases. I recommend applying 2 weeks before your holiday. So you still have time to do it 🙂

You should write in the application form the date of the last vaccination and also the number of doses received.

Regards,

ildiko

Annika
    7124 posts
    6 January 2022 at 8:53:50 #933606

Hi streetromeo! I see that your question somehow wasn’t noticed and hasn’t been answered yet. Our apologies for that! Did you manage to get your COVID-certificate in time? I hope the issue was solved and that you got to enjoy your stay in Switzerland.

For other readers: you’ll find a list of cantonal contact points in the links with certificate information, under #3 in the first post of this thread (http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/does-the-corona-virus-affect-trips-to-switzerland).

Viewing 20 posts - 921 through 940 (of 1,071 total)
  • The thread ‘Does the coronavirus affect trips to Switzerland?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.