Dog sledding/winter adventures

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 December 2016 at 1:42:32 #810473

Hey y’all! I’m going to be visiting Switzerland Jan 2-5 and will be staying in Bern all 3 nights..planned on doing 1.5 days exploring the sights/culture of Bern and wanted 1 day trip of adventure! I’m really interested in dog sledding…is there anywhere near Bern that could be done in a day trip that offers this? Any other suggestions if dog sledding is not an option that is adventurous? THANK YOU!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    24 December 2016 at 8:49:13 #857531

Hi herberj, welcome to MySwissAlps!

To be honest dogsled ride options are quite limited as far as I know. They’re available at Glacier3000, which isn’t that close to Bern: http://www.glacier3000.ch. They used to be available at the Jungfraujoch too, but these were quite short and especially fun for kids. There are lots of other adventurous winter sports you can enjoy though, such as sledding and snowtubing. The Jungfrau region, which can be easily reached from Bern, offers lots of activities, e.g. at Jungfraujoch, Schilthorn, Männlichen and First.

You may also check myswissalps.com/ activities/sports.

Does this get you started?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 December 2016 at 13:57:31 #857532

Oh ok thank you! If you had to pick one of those spots that offers the most views, unique things to do and see and ability to socialize..which would you pick? It’s a solo trip so just want to take in as much sights etc as possible! Any tips or must dos in Bern as well would be much appreciated!!!

Arno
    15483 posts
    26 December 2016 at 12:01:12 #857533

With good weather I would visit either Jungfraujoch or Schilthorn for good alpine views, both during the trip and while there. The links Annika gave you provide all the details.

• The thread ‘Dog sledding/winter adventures’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.