Dog sledding/winter adventures

Dog sledding/winter adventures

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
herbertj
herbertj
2 posts
Dec 24, 2016 - 1:42 AM

Hey y'all! I'm going to be visiting Switzerland Jan 2-5 and will be staying in Bern all 3 nights..planned on doing 1.5 days exploring the sights/culture of Bern and wanted 1 day trip of adventure! I'm really interested in dog sledding...is there anywhere near Bern that could be done in a day trip that offers this? Any other suggestions if dog sledding is not an option that is adventurous? THANK YOU!

Annika
Annika
4880 posts
expert &
Dec 24, 2016 - 8:49 AM

Hi herberj, welcome to MySwissAlps!

To be honest dogsled ride options are quite limited as far as I know. They're available at Glacier3000, which isn't that close to Bern: www.glacier3000.ch. They used to be available at the Jungfraujoch too, but these were quite short and especially fun for kids. There are lots of other adventurous winter sports you can enjoy though, such as sledding and snowtubing. The Jungfrau region, which can be easily reached from Bern, offers lots of activities, e.g. at Jungfraujoch, Schilthorn, Männlichen and First.

You may also check myswissalps.com/ activities/sports.

Does this get you started?

Last modified on Dec 24, 2016 - 9:05 AM by Arno
herbertj
herbertj
2 posts
Dec 24, 2016 - 1:57 PM in reply to Annika

Oh ok thank you! If you had to pick one of those spots that offers the most views, unique things to do and see and ability to socialize..which would you pick? It's a solo trip so just want to take in as much sights etc as possible! Any tips or must dos in Bern as well would be much appreciated!!!

Arno
Arno
9616 posts
expert &
Dec 26, 2016 - 12:01 PM in reply to herbertj

With good weather I would visit either Jungfraujoch or Schilthorn for good alpine views, both during the trip and while there. The links Annika gave you provide all the details.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017