Driving from Jungfrau to Great St Bernard Pass

• Marelize1980
    Participant
    6 posts
    30 October 2017 at 9:09:27 #813582

Hi everyone

We are renting a car and driving from the Jungfrau region to Chamonix in late June 2018. We would love to see the Great St Bernard Pass. Is this worth it? By that time we will have driven a few other passes (Furka, Grimsel and Susten). Must we still bother with St Bernard Pass? IS this also a good route to take to Chamonix? We want to take the scenic route to Chamonix. We also don’t have to stay in Chamonix, we just want to be able to see Mnt Blanc. I get a lot of information on rail passes and rail travel, but not so much on travelling with a car. Rail is not an option for us, since we are doing a long family road trip through France. Any suggestions on this route? We like off-the-beaten-track roads. I know we might be passing through the wine region on this route. Perhaps we should leave the St Bernard Pass and go for the wine region instead?

Thank you so much.

Marelize

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 October 2017 at 16:17:37 #871384

Hi Marelize,

It’s hard to say if driving this pass will be worth the experience for you personally. It’s definately hard to say whether this driving route is a better option that visiting vineyards. 🙂 I think perhaps a change of pace is a good idea if you would have already driven several other scenic passes in Switzerland.

Perhaps others who have driven this route can chime in – It sounds like it would be a very scenic drive on your way to Chamonix!

• The thread ‘Driving from Jungfrau to Great St Bernard Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.