Easy hikes to mountain inns?

• Vlasta
    Participant
    58 posts
    1 June 2010 at 10:55:50 #803837

Hello,
    Our party of 5 adults would like to do some easy hikes, we plan to be based near or in lauterbrunnen, in beginning of Sept. Is it possible to do easy to moderate hikes from mountain inn to mountain inn, and stay overnight.? Also how do we find out the difficulty of these hikes?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    1 June 2010 at 15:18:35 #831323

Hi Vlasta,

Regional trails ideas can be found here. These trails are not inn to inn though, but that’s possible as well. The website of the Swiss Alpine Club allows you to search for huts with or without catering. These huts usually provide basic facilities only. If you want a bit more luxury, you may want to search for hotels in small towns such as Wengen, Mürren, Gimmelwald and Kleine Scheidegg. The hotel on the Faulhorn might be worth considering as well.

Regarding difficulty: a good map helps to get an idea of length, altitude and terrain. A moderate hike to my standards would be up to 4 hours and less than 400 m of ascending and descending. But you may have different ideas about that 🙂 Please review the regional trail suggestions for some examples.

Does this get you started?

Vlasta
    Participant
    58 posts
    1 June 2010 at 16:08:31 #831324

Arno, this is great- I think I could handle your moderate hike! I will use your suggestions for my research. Thank you! Vlasta

• The thread ‘Easy hikes to mountain inns?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.