Easy Hiking trails

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 January 2014 at 13:49:24 #806220

Hi There,

We will be in Switzerland May/June 2014. I will be traveling with my father who is 74 years old.

We will be in the Lauterbrunnen area.

Do you know of any easy Hiking trails in that area. (Wengen, Murren, Interlaken, Beatenberg etc)

hope you can help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    6 January 2014 at 14:56:05 #839430

Hello Annamarie,

Have you checked this page already? It lists all types of trails in the area. Let me know if this does not help.

jackdebear
    Participant
    82 posts
    7 January 2014 at 10:56:31 #839431

The route from Grosse Shiedegg to First is fairly level and has great views. There is an uphill bit at the end but you can short cut back to Grindlewald with a short down hill walk to the gondola at Bort or Shreckfeld if it proves too much. The berghaus at First is a great lunch stop. Given time and stamina you can continue up to The Lake. Short and flexible route.

• The thread ‘Easy Hiking trails’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.