Easy trips to a chocolate factory from Wengen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2018 at 21:18:13 #816389

Hey Guys.. Getting into the final leg of prep for our upcoming trip to Wengen in about a week !! Very exciting.. My little one (6) has been reading books on swiss chocolates and I was wondering if it was worth visiting a chocolate factory where kiddos (6 & 8) could do a tour. Only thing is that we are staying in Wengen, so not sure if this worth an entire day trip to a completely different region. Ofcourse, kiddos will love it if we can make it without getting too tired in the journey itself 🙂

What would you guys advice ?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2018 at 23:24:25 #887110

Hi Ina,

The Funky Chocolate Club in Interlaken is not too far to travel, and your children would probably have just as good a time there as at the chocolate factory in Broc (which involves travel time of 3.5 hours each way from Wengen).

funkychocolateclub.com /

Alpenrose

maniimjach
    Participant
    32 posts
    3 June 2018 at 2:02:20 #887111

Great information. Thank you Aplenrose.

I will try to add this to my Wengen itinerary. Should it be added on the day of the Jungfraujosh trip of any other day out of Wengen? How to get there?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2018 at 2:11:25 #887112

Aplenrose666 Thanks for the suggestion ! We will be interlaken one of the days and funky chocolateclub seems like a good idea 🙂 If however plans change we are also in zurich for half a day. Any options in & around that city ? Kiddos would like to “see” the process of making chocolate if at all possible 🙂 🙂 !

Ina

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2018 at 4:09:18 #887113

>> Should it be added on the day of the Jungfraujosh trip of any other day out of Wengen? How to get there? How to get there?

The address is on their website – scroll down the home page to where it says Find Us. You can then look up the address in Google Maps.

You could walk there from Interlaken West or Interlaken Ost stations, but it is a bit closer to Interlaken West.

You can use the Swiss Timetable to find out how long it will take you to get to Interlaken and back, and then decide on which day you can best fit it in, given how much time you will be spending there.

Alpenrose

maniimjach
    Participant
    32 posts
    3 June 2018 at 4:15:47 #887114

I just looked it up and get my family all excited. But it appears to be $70 per person. I will think on it 🙂 but may totally be worth it. It’s just we are all three adults.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2018 at 4:31:03 #887115

>> we are also in zurich for half a day. Any options in & around that city

There’s the Lindt & Sprungli Chocolate Factory Outlet in Kilchberg, where they have a video about chocolate-making, and a chocolate tasting, but nothing interactive and no tours.

http://www.zuerich.com/en/vis it/tours-excursions/lindt-chocolate-experience

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2018 at 4:37:56 #887116

>> it appears to be $70 per person. I will think on it 🙂

Yes, not cheap! If I were to spend that much on something chocolate-related, I think I would rather just buy CHF 69 worth of chocolates!

Alpenrose

Arno
    15484 posts
    3 June 2018 at 14:03:46 #887117

You can see chocolate making (and buy chocolate of course!) in the Ballenberg open air museum near Brienz. The travel time from Wengen is 1h45. The entrance as well as the trip over there is free if you have a Swiss Travel Pass. So you can spend your money as Alpenrose suggested 😉

http://www.ballenberg.ch/en/s hopping/shops/ballenbe rg-chocolaterie/chocolate -factory/

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2018 at 3:11:23 #887118

Very good idea Arno ! Could have never imagined that the we could watched chocolate making at the Ballenberg museum 🙂

I agree with all of you spending money on buying (& eating) chocolate is the sweeter deal here 🙂 🙂

Thanks !

• The thread ‘Easy trips to a chocolate factory from Wengen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.