EGGBERG TO KLAUSENPASS

• jackdebear
    Participant
    82 posts
    30 August 2013 at 14:21:58 #806162

I see a network of roads and trails on the hillside above the valley. I’m guessing that distance can be covered in a day. Looks pretty flat to downhill. Anyone have an opinion? I don’t see anything by way of food and shelter in between so it would have to be.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    2 September 2013 at 9:21:02 #839217

hi,

I haven’t done that section, but to me it looks like an easy trail, and doable in a day. Assuming you mean Eggbergen near Flüelen. It starts with a bit of a climb, then pretty flat, and a moderate climb in the last section.

Arno
    15484 posts
    2 September 2013 at 9:51:17 #839218

In addition: it’s described here.

jackdebear
    Participant
    82 posts
    2 September 2013 at 11:22:57 #839219

Thanks for the confirmation. Looking closer in Google Earth I see there are some scattered shelters if I get caught out. If I can find them. I’m not confident GE puts things in very precise locations. I expect there will be some unsigned trails, map and compass work and coins to be flipped. Hopefully some locals to question. I passed this section lower down in hard rain first time around. Feels like I gave it short shrift. I did spend a night in Eggberg. Fell in love with the resident Yorkie. Didn’t walk the surrounding hills much but it looked like Sound of Music landscape as far as I did go.
    -Thanks for finding that link. I have been at this site and map area before but never isolated that trail. Looking at the map w/o the red dots I thought maybe my nose would lead me through Chinzig Chulm.
    Flying shortly. Thanks again.

The unlived life is not worth examining.

• The thread ‘EGGBERG TO KLAUSENPASS’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.