About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum ETIAS visa and medical insurance for US citizen
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

ETIAS visa and medical insurance for US citizen

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Pumpkinpie17
Pumpkinpie17
13 posts
Jun 14, 2022 - 5:21 AM

Hello,

I am citizen of USA and planning to travel to Switzerland from France (by train) for less than one week. I was reading about ETIAS visa here -

www.etiasvisa.com/etias-countries/switzerland-etias

Seems the ETIAS visa will be mandatory from May 2023, but do I need to register in the ETIAS system before entering Switzerland?

The other question I have is about requirement for medical insurance. Do I need to purchase medical insurance for travel to Switzerland for 30000 Euro per head? Can you please tell if I need medical insurance for travel to France as well?

Thank you.

Anna
Anna
3380 posts
expert &
Jun 14, 2022 - 8:05 AM in reply to Pumpkinpie17

Hi Pumpkinpie17,

Based on the information given, yes you do need to register in the ETIAS system if you are a non-EU citizen from an eligible country. This includes the USA. Medical insurance is not a requirement but you are recommended to take out a travel insurance for your travels.

Only visitors who are not eligible for an ETIAS (non-eligible countries) are required to produce supporting documents including evidence of travel or medical insurance with a minimum cover of €30,000.

For current information on visa and entry requirements into Switzerland: www.myswissalps.com/visa

Regards,

Anna

Pumpkinpie17
Pumpkinpie17
13 posts
Jun 14, 2022 - 6:02 PM in reply to Anna

Thank you Anna for the information.

Arno
Arno
15380 posts
expert &
Jun 15, 2022 - 8:05 AM in reply to Pumpkinpie17

Hi Pumpkinpie17,

When will you be traveling? If it's before March/April/May 2023 (which is when ETIAS will probably be launched), you don't have to deal with any ETIAS regulations yet. You don't need a Schengen visa and the accompanying travel insurance requirements either as a US citizen. The current rules will still apply as described at https://www.myswissalps.com/visa. See the paragraph "Entry rules for citizens of the United States" there as well.

Last modified on Jun 15, 2022 - 8:08 AM by Arno
Pumpkinpie17
Pumpkinpie17
13 posts
Jun 25, 2022 - 5:47 PM in reply to Arno

Hi Arno,

We have plans to travel Switzerland this August 2022. I am checking the link you provided.

Thank you so much for the details and information.

Regards.

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022