Eurail Global Pass vs Swiss Travel Pass

• Jenla13
    Participant
    10 posts
    13 March 2022 at 20:58:15 #826653

Hello!

I’ve been digging but can’t seem to find an explicit answer. I will be visiting Switzerland and Spain this summer. I am trying to determine which rail pass would be our best option. Will the Eurorail pass allow us to use the transport options available with Swiss Travel Pass or are they totally separate entities?

Thank you!

Jen

• Anna
    6407 posts
    14 March 2022 at 13:42:48 #939502

Hi Jen,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

The Eurail Global Pass allows you to travel in multiple European countries of your choice. In Switzerland this pass is valid for free travel on most trains and boats, and discounted travel to several mountaintops. You can find the details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/eurailglobalpass. Be sure to download the validity map, which tells you the areas that are valid for free travel and discounted travel. You can also check out the other links provided, which list out various benefits of the Eurail Global Pass.

The Swiss Travel Pass is only valid in Switzerland and provides unlimited travelling on Swiss public transport (bus, trams, trains, boats). You will also benefit from discounts on mountain railways and cable cars. You can get the full details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass.

Have a look at the STP validity map and compare it with the Eurail Global Pass validity map for Switzerland and see which one fits your travel plan.

Hope this gives you some ideas about which railpass to get.

Regards,

Anna

Jenla13
    Participant
    10 posts
    14 March 2022 at 14:41:37 #939503

This is SUPER helpful, Anna! Thank you so much!

Jen

• The thread ‘Eurail Global Pass vs Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11180 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.