Eurail Global Pass vs. Swiss Travel Pass and car

• Skzf
    Participant
    3 posts
    10 February 2019 at 17:40:01 #819872

My wife and I are planning to travel from the United States and spend 8 days in Switzerland in September 2019. 3 days St Moritz, 2 days Zermatt, 2 days Wengen, and 1 day in Zurich. We are then planning on traveling to Germany for a week. In looking at our options for travel I was considering getting Eurail Global Pass for 15 days. Does the Global Pass work similar to Swiss Travel Pass? Does it provide discounts as well for excursions that we may take such to the Glacier Express, Gornefrat, Jungfraujoch, and Schilthorn. The other option we have is getting an 8 day Swiss Travel Pass, booking a train tickets from Zurich to Munich and then renting a car. Any insights and advice would be greatly appreciated.

• The thread ‘Eurail Global Pass vs. Swiss Travel Pass and car’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.