Jul 21, 2015 - 4:45 AM
I am in the US and planning to travel on 10 day trip covering Switzerland and France in September 2015. Here is my planned itenerary. I am considering RailEurope pass (Switzerland + France) pass and Swiss Travel Pass. Based on my research, as I understand, Swiss Travel Pass does not cover travel to Paris from Laussanne or my planned Day trip to Normandy.. And the RailEurope pass (Swiss + france) does not offer deep discounts on travel to Interlaken and Jungfrau..
1. Arrive in Zurich and check in Hotel for 4 days
2. Day 2 - Travel to Rhine Fall, Stein Am Rhein and back to Zurich (TRAIN)
3. Day 3 - Travel to Interlaken, JungfrauJoch and back to Zurich (TRAIN)
4. Day 4 - Travel to Mt. Titlis and Lucerne and back to Zurich (TRAIN)
5. Day 5 - Travel to Lausanne (TRAIN)
6. Day 6 - Stay in Laussane and do sightseeing (Bus and local transportation)
7. Day 7 - Take to TGV to Paris (TRAIN)
8. Day 8 - Day trip to Normandy (TRAIN)
9. Days 9 and 10 - Local sightseeing in paris
10. Day 11 --Fly back to USA
Kindly suggest and advise the best pass.. At this time, I am considering to purchase a RailEurope pass (swiss + france) for 6 days of travel..