Train from Milan to Luzern question with booking

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2017 at 7:47:33 #811132

Dear Team

I am planning to travel on 19th July 2017 from Venice to Luzern

from milan to Chiasso by Eurocity train 158. The same train going from Chiasso to Luzern 11.15 am

Can I use swiss family pass (travelling with myself/my wife and two kids (age 11 & 4) planning to purchase 4 days pass (1st Class) from 19th to 22nd July 2017. I am travelling Eurocity Train 158 (1st Class from Milan to Chiasso)

Once I purchase Swiss family pass. I have to book the same seat in Eurocity train 158 by using swiss pass. or just continue my journey. Kindly suggest. If booking is required how to book continue the journey from Milan to Luzern.

regards

Nandakumar

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2017 at 17:12:32 #860267

Hi Nandakumar,

So you and your wife each need to buy the 4 day Swiss Travel Pass and with that purchase you can add-on, for free, the Swiss Family Card to cover your 11 year old (the 4 year old is free).

No reservation or pre-booking is needed for the Swiss leg of your route (Chiasso to Luzern).
    You can buy a ticket for the Italian leg (Milan to Chiasso) here.

You don’t book any specific seats – simple buy the ticket for the the Italian route and have your Swiss Travel Passes to cover the Swiss part – you can stay seated on the train for the entire journey (no changing seats required).

Lucas

• The thread ‘Train from Milan to Luzern question with booking’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.