Eurocity 37 availability after 10th June

Eurocity 37 availability after 10th June

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
adiglobal
adiglobal
4 posts
May 4, 2017 - 3:32 AM

Hi

I am travelling to Switzerland and Italy in June 2017 after the time table change.

Have been trying to book a reservation for Eurocity train 37.

However, SBB is showing as Seats not available. Even 90 days before the travel date the seats were not available.

I assume that the train is not yet open for booking. But till date its not open, not my travel dates are less than 35 days and need to show the transfer bookings between the countries for my Visa application.

Any idea if the booking will open soon? Or train is actually fully sold out?

Since its an international transfer I don't want to miss on the reservation.

Regards

Adi

Arno
Arno
9571 posts
expert &
May 4, 2017 - 2:07 PM in reply to adiglobal

Hi Adi,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! There have been similar issues before (see this thread). Can you post your exact travel date and time, and also which trip you'd like to take? Do you have a rail pass?

adiglobal
adiglobal
4 posts
May 4, 2017 - 4:00 PM in reply to Arno

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

My travel date is 15th June from Montreux to Venice. I have swiss travel pass.

Have checked the thread you mentioned. Since the travel dates are within 2 to 3 as mentioned in the other thread... was wondering if the train is really sold out as mentioned on SBB site or Trenitalia site or just yet to open for booking.

Regards,

Aditya

Arno
Arno
9571 posts
expert &
May 5, 2017 - 6:26 AM

Hi Aditya,

The train isn't booked out. You'll find a list of booking websites on myswissalps.com/traint ickets/italy/price. I just tried www.raileurope.com/eur opean-trains/trenitalia/how-to-book.html. Fill out Montreux and Venice, your travel date, 8:00 AM as the departure time, and select the Swiss Travel Pass under "Are you traveling with a rail pass?". It allowed me to find a ticket and continue with the booking.

Does this work for you too?

Last modified on May 5, 2017 - 6:26 AM by Arno
adiglobal
adiglobal
4 posts
May 6, 2017 - 2:45 AM

Rail Europe Global was only one selling till yesterday. All other sites were not selling.

Today all sites are selling. I guess the bookings just opened today. 40 days before the travel date.

Wondering how Rail Europe alone was managing to sell.

SBB App isnt allowing to purchase ticket. But it is working on the SBB site. However, I did my booking with Trenitalia website under discounted fares without the benefit which Swiss Travel Pass would have provided.

Thanks Arno and team for all the help

Regards,

Adi

adiglobal
adiglobal
4 posts
May 6, 2017 - 2:46 AM

One more thing. Rail Europe Global was not giving print at home option. Which is very much required.

Regards,

Adi

Arno
Arno
9571 posts
expert &
May 6, 2017 - 7:00 AM in reply to adiglobal

Hi Adi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes indeed, some websites do offer print at home and others don't (yet). I agree with you that it is a necessity.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017