Eurocity 37 availability after 10th June

• adiglobal
    Participant
    4 posts
    4 May 2017 at 3:32:06 #811672

Hi

I am travelling to Switzerland and Italy in June 2017 after the time table change.

Have been trying to book a reservation for Eurocity train 37.

However, SBB is showing as Seats not available. Even 90 days before the travel date the seats were not available.

I assume that the train is not yet open for booking. But till date its not open, not my travel dates are less than 35 days and need to show the transfer bookings between the countries for my Visa application.

Any idea if the booking will open soon? Or train is actually fully sold out?

Since its an international transfer I don’t want to miss on the reservation.

Regards

Adi

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 May 2017 at 14:07:41 #862761

Hi Adi,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! There have been similar issues before (see this thread). Can you post your exact travel date and time, and also which trip you’d like to take? Do you have a rail pass?

adiglobal
    Participant
    4 posts
    4 May 2017 at 16:00:00 #862762

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

My travel date is 15th June from Montreux to Venice. I have swiss travel pass.

Have checked the thread you mentioned. Since the travel dates are within 2 to 3 as mentioned in the other thread… was wondering if the train is really sold out as mentioned on SBB site or Trenitalia site or just yet to open for booking.

Regards,

Aditya

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 May 2017 at 6:26:14 #862763

Hi Aditya,

The train isn’t booked out. You’ll find a list of booking websites on myswissalps.com/traint ickets/italy/price. I just tried http://www.raileurope.com/eur opean-trains/trenitalia/how-to-book.html. Fill out Montreux and Venice, your travel date, 8:00 AM as the departure time, and select the Swiss Travel Pass under “Are you traveling with a rail pass?”. It allowed me to find a ticket and continue with the booking.

Does this work for you too?

adiglobal
    Participant
    4 posts
    6 May 2017 at 2:45:45 #862764

Rail Europe Global was only one selling till yesterday. All other sites were not selling.

Today all sites are selling. I guess the bookings just opened today. 40 days before the travel date.

Wondering how Rail Europe alone was managing to sell.

SBB App isnt allowing to purchase ticket. But it is working on the SBB site. However, I did my booking with Trenitalia website under discounted fares without the benefit which Swiss Travel Pass would have provided.

Thanks Arno and team for all the help

Regards,

Adi

adiglobal
    Participant
    4 posts
    6 May 2017 at 2:46:52 #862765

One more thing. Rail Europe Global was not giving print at home option. Which is very much required.

Regards,

Adi

Arno
    15484 posts
    6 May 2017 at 7:00:40 #862766

Hi Adi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes indeed, some websites do offer print at home and others don’t (yet). I agree with you that it is a necessity.

• The thread ‘Eurocity 37 availability after 10th June’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.